Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Well, with my Easton Octane dead (check that thread for pics), here are my other two sticks, both also 5 years old. And yes, that's a junior Synergy. An inch or two too short, but the flex works for me. The Hespeler has the right length, but is almost impossible for me to flex.

Can anyone ID which Synergy it is? It was bought back in 2005, around $100 I think? I can get pictures of the blade if you need them.

dsc05359.jpg

dsc05357y.jpg

dsc05360.jpg

dsc05361j.jpg

dsc05370.jpg

dsc05368z.jpg

dsc05367v.jpg

dsc05366c.jpg

dsc05365r.jpg

dsc05363b.jpg

Good lord, did they have any more where you grabbed that?

Only saw one on the rack, as soon as I saw the curve I grabbed it. Hoping I can heat it up and pull the blade out so I can use it in my One95 tapered shaft.

That is the last "stick" Gretz ever used in NHL B)

Close, but not quite. :P

gretzkyhespelercs1.jpg

(Not mine, by the way) I think his shaft was closer to a 9009, whereas mine is a 9900. Although, his last stick may have also been a wooden Hespeler. I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by sher-awesomeness

Close, but not quite. :P

gretzkyhespelercs1.jpg

(Not mine, by the way) I think his shaft was closer to a 9009, whereas mine is a 9900. Although, his last stick may have also been a wooden Hespeler. I'm not 100% sure.

I liked the 9009, a little thicker and more rounded than the ultralight. 9010 was like a really thick cyclone, or an Inno 1100 0 shaft shape. I still have half a 9009 around here somewhere.

^^^^

They sell those black Z's in the LA Kings practice rink pro shop. They had a red pair last time I went there.

Something like $250? ...if I remember correctly.

the cuff is pretty cool. I really like that glove, but damn... not for that much money.

Edited by Brian Harte

^^^^

They sell those black Z's in the LA Kings practice rink pro shop. They had a red pair last time I went there.

Something like $250? ...if I remember correctly.

the cuff is pretty cool. I really like that glove, but damn... not for that much money.

Weirddd, I like the mods on zetterbergs gloves, the extended cuff and mouthguard holder, pretty slick. They must just be like "i want zetterbergs gloves, but in black" and this is what easton spits out.

They are pretty cool.

I think there were 2 black pairs and 1 red pair last week.

the cuff isn't just extended, it's also very mobile and really stays right on your wrist when you bend it. Pretty nice!

Edited by Brian Harte

wrist part looks like what they have on the retail 10k gloves

I was thinking the old TPS response gloves, the ones that came out near the time of their first 1-piece stick. I bought a pair of red z gloves off ebay and can't wait to try them.

I was thinking the old TPS response gloves, the ones that came out near the time of their first 1-piece stick. I bought a pair of red z gloves off ebay and can't wait to try them.

too young and didn't play hockey back then :P

I'm a big Z fan, but can't think of anytime he would have worn black gloves. Where'd you get these? They'd go nicely with the rest of my wings/zetterberg collection.

Dunno if Zetterberg did, but there was a few Team Sweden players who wore black gloves in recent memory. Its not something they're doing now.

I'm not down with players wearing non team-colored gloves at the Olympics (ie. Radulov) It just looks Beer League. Imagine a canadian or american player sporting some green gloves... The IIHF or IOC should step in to keep it classy.

Edited by Sebastien