Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

They slip because they don't have any grip on the inside and half the people who drop the large amount for them either get them in a size that doesn't fit or don't have arms big enough to fill them out

Exactly right.

If fit correctly, they don't move.

Reebok made a retail 7k elbow that wasn't as wide in diameter that were better suited for players who weren't made of bricks.

Reebok%207K%20Elbow%20pads%20(lrg).gif

These are the kind of people who should be wearing 7k Pros. (And I bet those are still only a Sz.6)

Rupper7k.png

Well, to tell the truth, it is one of the areas of concern for me. The sternum plate in particular isn't as irritating as the one on say the Easton ST16, but I'm going to wear it as is for a few more skates before I lop it off.

The good news is that it's only being held in place with 3 straps which can be easily cut and it seems like there would still be very good chest protection even if you were to remove it. Of course, should a well-placed puck or stick find that spot...

I think the new Warrior Projekt shoulders have a much better sternum plate in comparison to the first generation Projekts/Koncepts. Of course, the new Projekts will set you back more, and although I only tried them on once, I didn't get the same "yes" feeling I got from the older models.

I also don't think the Koncepts are as comfortable or protective as the old Projekts, and I think you can even find them cheaper than the Koncepts. Given a choice between the 3, I think I'd have gone for the old Projekts instead. That said, if you have your heart set on the Koncepts, I think you could do a whole lot worse.

Thanks for your answer! If you cut away the sternum and spine things what will be underneath, just some thin fabric or also some foam padding? I'm mostly looking for really good shoulder protection and "ok" chest/body protection. Did you maybe see/try the warrior bullys?

Thanks for your answer! If you cut away the sternum and spine things what will be underneath, just some thin fabric or also some foam padding? I'm mostly looking for really good shoulder protection and "ok" chest/body protection. Did you maybe see/try the warrior bullys?

Here's a pretty good picture showing off what's underneath:

IMG_0806.jpg

The chest protection covers the sternum pretty well at the top, but opens up slightly going down towards the stomach.

Here's the thing, though. I skated with them as is again on Wednesday and I can honestly say that the spine and sternum guards never entered my mind at all while wearing these. Still, if you were to cut them off (I checked again and it's actually held on by 4 straps, not 3) I don't think it'd be a tremendous step down in protection. I've seen one or two NHLers do so, but then what's good for them isn't necessarily good for the rest of us.

The few things still irking me are the shoulder caps, which while aren't really all that big, feel very stiff and bulky compared to the 5030's. The worst of all, believe it or not, might be the rip wrap. I noticed that a lot while playing. Granted, that was because it bunched up with the kidney guards on my TotalOne girdle and my torso is rather short.

Here's a pretty good picture showing off what's underneath:

The chest protection covers the sternum pretty well at the top, but opens up slightly going down towards the stomach.

Here's the thing, though. I skated with them as is again on Wednesday and I can honestly say that the spine and sternum guards never entered my mind at all while wearing these. Still, if you were to cut them off (I checked again and it's actually held on by 4 straps, not 3) I don't think it'd be a tremendous step down in protection. I've seen one or two NHLers do so, but then what's good for them isn't necessarily good for the rest of us.

The few things still irking me are the shoulder caps, which while aren't really all that big, feel very stiff and bulky compared to the 5030's. The worst of all, believe it or not, might be the rip wrap. I noticed that a lot while playing. Granted, that was because it bunched up with the kidney guards on my TotalOne girdle and my torso is rather short.

Hey, thanks for the answer and review!!

pick ups today...

2 Dennis Wideman/"Krejci" Clone EQ50 repaints

Winter Classic Socks & Navy Home Socks

Brooks Laich X60 Pro Mitts

Scott Hannan Winter Classic Easton Mitts

Dennis Wideman Franchise Advanced Mitts

img0903is.jpg

pick ups today...

2 Dennis Wideman/"Krejci" Clone EQ50 repaints

Winter Classic Socks & Navy Home Socks

Brooks Laich X60 Pro Mitts

Scott Hannan Winter Classic Easton Mitts

Dennis Wideman Franchise Advanced Mitts

Very nice! Any Wideman Graf gloves there? There were reports on here about the new Graf line of gloves, but I haven't seen them anywhere except Mr. Wideman's hands.

Easton NHL 700s are impossible to find. So I bought all he had and passed them on to friends looking for them. Same with the Jofa/RBKs.

I kept 1 pair each for myself and the rest were passed on for others to use. I'm not any kind of dealer or anything.

aren't you the person who is asking $275 for a pair of 7k elbows on ebay?

aren't you the person who is asking $275 for a pair of 7k elbows on ebay?

There was a reason why your post was deleted in the first place.

And yes, I got that before and I'll get close to that again.