Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Tempted to try the CCM CL pants

Well, I can't speak for the CL pants, but the U+12 LE's I had were pretty nice. Very light and very comfortable. Trouble is, and as someone else here had pointed out, the leg openings are huge. That can now be safely confirmed. The segment on the side makes the legs a little unnecessarily wide from back to front. I got rid of them partially for that reason. They were also a tad short on me.

Bottom line: If you can get over the thunder-thigh legs, I imagine you'll be very happy with them.

P.S. - Look Mr. CCM, I really want to like your pants. Please make a tall cut and bring back the narrower leg openings like you had on the last generation of Tacks pants.

Edited by Burning Bear

Or p

Bottom line: If you can get over the thunder-thigh legs, I imagine you'll be very happy with them.

Or might be good it you wore knee braces...

I have yet to play in them, but they feel really nice. What little weight there is is very evenly distributed throughout the hips. There is very little protection on the rear (not counting the tailbone area which is fine), so I'm going to make sure not to turn my back to any shots haha.

George's won't do it. I contacted them to try to have a pair shortened and they said that it's really too much of a hassle. if you find a place that'll do it please let me know.

I can't speak on his behalf (I think he's a member here?) so I'll just say that Peaches has done it in the past. I'm not sure if he's still willing to, and if so, what it would cost.

Toronto Hockey can modify/repair the pants. Only downside is shipping to/from the US... they charge a bit more than they should to return items. Quality of work is superb.

Newest pick-ups, Bauer Vapor under armour (2x), Jofa 'Pro' Wrist Guards (4x) and Graphicless Easton SE16 Tapered Blades Drury RH (3x

img0341l.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also replaced the tongues on my Bauer Vapor X2.0s with RBK 9K skate tongues:

img0312q.jpg

And got a brand new pair of Ballistik 52 cal pro gloves but hated th cuffs.....more like 1980s gauntlets than cuffs so totally cut down and rebuilt them, heres the final article:

img0342wi.jpg

Newest pick-ups, Bauer Vapor under armour (2x), Jofa 'Pro' Wrist Guards (4x) and Graphicless Easton SE16 Tapered Blades Drury RH (3x

img0341l.jpg

Also replaced the tongues on my Bauer Vapor X2.0s with RBK 9K skate tongues:

img0312q.jpg

And got a brand new pair of Ballistik 52 cal pro gloves but hated th cuffs.....more like 1980s gauntlets than cuffs so totally cut down and rebuilt them, heres the final article:

img0342wi.jpg

Those tongues are HUGE! lol

I love those Vapor shirts, I just started wearing one and absolutely love it.

Hahaha they look a lot bigger in the photo than they are on, but they're from a size 9 skate and I wear a size 6 skate, tried them out tonight on a public skate and zero lace bite, the standard tongues on them had worn down and lace bite was really becoming unbearable, totally fixed now, and fitted them myself, pretty handy

Haha, tried both and flop wins every time, just got used to having my shin pads sit on my tounges and stay there, tucked the pads just don't feel right

Well, I can't speak for the CL pants, but the U+12 LE's I had were pretty nice. Very light and very comfortable. Trouble is, and as someone else here had pointed out, the leg openings are huge. That can now be safely confirmed. The segment on the side makes the legs a little unnecessarily wide from back to front. I got rid of them partially for that reason. They were also a tad short on me.

P.S. - Look Mr. CCM, I really want to like your pants. Please make a tall cut and bring back the narrower leg openings like you had on the last generation of Tacks pants.

I have seen this issue come up with every review.. Yet when i got mine.. i couldnt be happier.. fair enough im slightly heavier set. but i wouldnt say massive.. i am coming from old school CCM 452s from maybe 12 years ago tho.. So maybe im used to them not being body hugging?

Me too. I've had two for a while now, and love them so much I would regularly wear my all black one as an undershirt for work.

Me too. I've had two for a while now, and love them so much I would regularly wear my all black one as an undershirt for work.