Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Those are sweet looking skates. I like the all black touch. If those skates had any stiffness to them I would have bought them myself.

I tried those on and they're plenty stiff. I wore Graf 707s for 6-7 years and now have Bauer 8090s and Nike Flexlites...Go figure...I guess I like the toecap room since I have some jacked up feet.

Those are sweet looking skates. I like the all black touch. If those skates had any stiffness to them I would have bought them myself.

I tried those on and they're plenty stiff. I wore Graf 707s for 6-7 years and now have Bauer 8090s and Nike Flexlites...Go figure...I guess I like the toecap room since I have some jacked up feet.

My feet are jacked as well, my other pair are Flexlites...Had the toes punched on the G70's

as you can see from my user picture i tried dying mine black but they turned out maroon. how much rit did you use and how long did you do it for

as you can see from my user picture i tried dying mine black but they turned out maroon. how much rit did you use and how long did you do it for

1 bottle.... heat the water to a simmer dump the dye in, dump the holders in. The longer you keep the holders in, the deeper the color will be. 15 minutes should be plenty. Just did a pair of golden yellow tonight and I left them in too long and they ended up too dark!!

Love it, love it, love it! :)

I'm going to have to try this RIT-dye thing some day. I'm still paranoid about it coming off on the underside of my pads, but I'd love to do that LAX-head fade-dye by dipping the cowlings in the dye, in-and-out for a few hours.

For now, I continue to look desperately for 8090s in my size... :(

Love it, love it, love it! :)

I'm going to have to try this RIT-dye thing some day. I'm still paranoid about it coming off on the underside of my pads, but I'd love to do that LAX-head fade-dye by dipping the cowlings in the dye, in-and-out for a few hours.

For now, I continue to look desperately for 8090s in my size... :(

LG,

It's sort of become a hobby of mine. Did the kid's team as well. It will chip off a bit, but I get some auto touch up brush on stuff and it looks fine. RitDye is cheap also..under $5

Nothing to drastic...mostly all "golden yellow" with a couple of black mixed in...I'll post my kid's tonight, they turned out well.

Edited by cbart

I've tried it with mixed results...You have to really heat the water up and soak them for a long time (1/2 hour +) to really get any color to stick. I tried going red on a pair and the best I could get was a light orangeish/pinkish color. Just for shits and giggles I ordered a pair of "colored" LS2 powers off of Total Hockey in red and they sent me a pair that looked EXACTLY like the color I had done...Sent them back...On a side note, what got me doing my own was the ridiculous cost they charge on their website ($90) for something that costs less than $5 to do at home (yes I know they include the cost of the holders in that price..no steel though).

Done over 20 pair...Never had a problem. Not arguing with anyone, not offering anything...just sharing pics.

I wouldn't call it "hot" water, I'd say lukewarm...

I am not sure about that because its not pure plastic.

ZYTEL. I would simply say that ABS reinforced with nylon is what makes them strong.

I did mine Blue and i soaked it 12 minute in hot but not boiled water.And they dont have any damage.

hot water + plastic = bad.

Yah, sure, I can understand that. But, some plastics are much more heat resistant than others and I was curious as to how warm (not hot, I think that's what was meant)+time affects the holders. Curiosity only on my part...although it's likely I'd have to understand much more materials science than I'm prepared to :)