Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

BTW, only a couple hours later and they are funk free.

Sweet! What did you use? I find Febreeze after a day of Lysol (2-3x) does the trick.

Any gear I buy new does not get stank, because they get the Lysol and dry treatment.

I wonder if something like Scotchguard would work on the white nylon?

*edit* Googled my own question..from the 3M website:

"Q: On what materials and fabrics can I use Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector?

A: This product works great on most fabrics! Whether natural fabrics like cotton & wool, synthetic fabrics like polyester & nylon, or delicate fabrics like silk; you can use Scotchgard™ Fabrics & Upholstery Protector. (It is always good to test in an inconspicuous spot for color bleeding.) We do not recommend using on rugs, carpets, suede, plastics, or vinyl."

I'm not saying "Hey, scotchguard them..." but maybe one of the shop guys here can provide a little more feedback

ScotchGuard Fabric & Upholstery Protector

Edited by AnthonyJTa

BTW, only a couple hours later and they are funk free.

Sweet! What did you use? I find Febreeze after a day of Lysol (2-3x) does the trick.

Any gear I buy new does not get stank, because they get the Lysol and dry treatment.

1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide, 1/3 water. Spray on possible stinky areas and let it sit out under a fan. Use heat gun on lowest setting at about 8-12" as a hair dryer. Dry in no time and almost stink free. Needs a couple more treatments and it will smell brand new.

OK, so here's all my garbage.

PICT0001.jpg

That's RBK 9k shoulders, Hespeler pants, itech 255 shins that I performed some surgery on, Vapor XXXX skates, CCM HT592 helmet with the big honkin' itech visor, Easton Air gloves and Louisville Flexor elbows.

I wonder if anybody on here knows the specific model of these gloves and where I can get some more. They're the best gloves I've ever used and got them used at PIAS, so I don't know when they were in production or what the actual model name/number is.

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

Easton Air 04 model. I have them and love them. I wish i could find another pair in black. The only other pair for sale i have seen was in a pro shop in Virginia Beach, but unfortunately they were navy.

They at least look better than the silver and the orange. There's an LHS near my parents that STILL has a couple of pairs of the silver ones sitting there unsold. I thought these were older than '04 just because those seem like they've been there forever.

After talking with a teammate, he says that this really is an XXXX repainted as a XXX-lite. Something about endorsment contracts. The stick feels different from an XXX-lite and has no grip too, plus the blue XXX decals actually stay on for some reason unlike many i have seen.

Edited by Hazard14

New beauties arrived 10 mins ago:

Brad Richards pro stock, used but recently repalmed

Big thanks for Drewhuns forwarding me the target for me to pull the trigger on.

DAMN! It was you who bought those! I bookmarked it came back the next morning to by them and they were sold! I shouldn't have hesitated! :lol:

Yeah, i hesitated all of about 20 mins on them. The second time I looked at the auction I hit the BIN button. Cant beat that price.

I wonder if something like Scotchguard would work on the white nylon?

*edit* Googled my own question..from the 3M website:

"Q: On what materials and fabrics can I use Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector?

A: This product works great on most fabrics! Whether natural fabrics like cotton & wool, synthetic fabrics like polyester & nylon, or delicate fabrics like silk; you can use Scotchgard™ Fabrics & Upholstery Protector. (It is always good to test in an inconspicuous spot for color bleeding.) We do not recommend using on rugs, carpets, suede, plastics, or vinyl."

I'm not saying "Hey, scotchguard them..." but maybe one of the shop guys here can provide a little more feedback

ScotchGuard Fabric & Upholstery Protector

I just sprayed a light coat of scotchguard...its 10 bucks a can at Canadian Tire. Ill keep the updates coming

that 555 glove from easton is really comfortable, i hate the palm though, theres like a leather material on the palm near the base of the hand on teh pinkie side to prevent wear. thing would probably last forever