Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

what size are those icons and would you be willing to part with them for a fee? :)

I have the same ones, therye just beat to hell and I would love to get another pair instead of repalming these ones.

let me know!

I am finally content (for now) with what I have:

If I had a dollar for every time I've said..."I'm done buying gear" :huh:

You could buy more gear?

Edited by gelowitz

I never really understood why people taped the hosel on their sticks. What do they think it's going to do?

I dont know a lot about sticks, but these are pro stock one piece sticks. If by taping the hosel you mean the small bit of tape above the blade, those are just covering where there are chips out of the stick, in an attempt to keep the chips from getting bigger.

the s-15's look sick black on black

Thanks....I was bored....a good way to feel like Im getting new gear without actually getting new gear!!!! LOL :)

I have had a few positive comments on them at the rink.

Hence the caveat "for now" ;)

Edited by eric42434224

You could buy more gear?

Good point.

And eric....Yeah...that sentence should always end with 'for now'

So true GaGa......it is only a matter of time until I have some PPF's. Not an if, just a when.

Also, I will likely be doing custom 0ne95 skates through JR.

I figure that will be about a grand......I will skim it off the tax return so my wife doesnt know! ;)

But I can honestly say that I havent seen, felt, or used anything that I would use in place of my helmet, pants, elbows, and shins. Cant see a reason to replace those unless something amazing comes out.

Edited by eric42434224

what size are those icons and would you be willing to part with them for a fee? :)

I have the same ones, therye just beat to hell and I would love to get another pair instead of repalming these ones.

let me know!

They've been sold, but the palms on these aren't mint.

I never really understood why people taped the hosel on their sticks. What do they think it's going to do?

I've found taping fully heel to toe with an extra strip on the bottom leads to a lot better life, the blade won't wear down or chip as much, and catching a puck on the heel or toe without tape messes with the feel for me. I only do it when I take time and prep my sticks at home. At the rink I just do 75% of the blade and call it good.

As far as Easton gloves... LOVE the look, not so keen on the fit of this pair of Handzus pros I have. I need a bigger fit, they feel like they want to come off. I think it partly has to do with my thumb slipping around a bit and not staying bottomed out. Might get better as they break in more, I don't know. The fingers get better every time I put them on after hitting them with a little heat and pulling them a little straighter. Cuff needs a little upward flare to keep my wrist from rubbing on it, too.

my xmas treat to myself.....all tufftek and you get the warmest feeling when they are on.....makes up for my empty wallet and 9 weeks of waiting

DSC08972.jpg

DSC08971.jpg

old to the new......

DSC08970.jpg

nice gloves, im tryin to find a pair of pro stock eastons or rbk's w/ that color scheme

One of the nicest pairs of custom gloves I've seen.

I did it to one of my sticks because it had a pretty nasty paint chip that I didn't want to exacerbate.

I second that, if i go to U of I for college next year, i'm gettin a pair like that, only in 15", if thats possible

I second that, if i go to U of I for college next year, i'm gettin a pair like that, only in 15", if thats possible

PPF+?

PPF+?

idk, i'd have to check that out

Kept myself occupied while watching a movie about Jimmy Hoffa last night

n627765242_4892638_5464.jpg

Used a huge-ass sharpie and a brush-tip drawing marker. I skated 2 hours and played 2 hours on them tonight and there's no sign of fading or rubbing off.

Those look good. I was thinking of just hitting mine with some black spraypaint, Selanne style. I don't think I'd leave as much gray as you, but that harder/smoother area might not take color as well.

Don't seem to have any of that purple effect either, nice work.

I was worried about them turning purple, but I think the drawing marker (faber-castell PITT artist pen) said that it was lightfast and waterproof, so I gave it a once-over with that after I did a couple of coats with the big Sharpie Magnum. Hopefully that will hold off the purple fade for a while. Four hours on the ice and they're still going strong.