Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Pro stock Boulerice. Feels alot different than the retail XXXX's. Almost like it's half way between the stick um and no grip versions. I like it alot.

Nice one. Is that the one from hockeymonkey pro stock? Was thinking about ordering it. Aside from the grip did you notice any other difference vs the retail model?

Yeep that's the hockey monkey one. I'm pretty sure the blade is different. It doesn't have the thick boxy weave, and it's a little thicker than what i was expecting. It looks almost like my one95 blade.

IMG_0043.jpg

It continues all the way up the shaft. Off the top of my head I always thought XXXX's were woven differently.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. It actually makes sense now, haha. The graphics are just stickers lolol.

I used it tonight though. Curve is amazing to say the least. Cut it about an inch too short though. I'm hoping I can get used to it. If not I'll just throw in a wooden plug.

I put one of my Warrior Smyth blades in my new SE16 shaft. The clashing colors bothered me, so I painted the hosel and heel area with silver paint. It actually has a nice fade effect just like on the OPS, but I forgot to take a pic before taping it.

dscn2528.jpg

I shot a few coats of clear on it so hopefully it will last at least a few skates. Regardless, it has outlasted the paint job on the shaft, which has already started to chip off. <_<

Special thank you to MSH Member hockeysc23 for this hookup...

Another Kozlov to add to the quiver. This one has an interesting designation on the sticker inside the shaft. Evidently, this was from his first batch of Warrior sticks dated 11.1.08. The shaft shape isn't quite the same as a 'typical' Dolo either, but still amazing nonetheless. The blade is pretty much a spot on match to the Easton and RBK. Doesn't exceed 2.5 inches anywhere. It translates to ridiculous puck control....I read an interesting piece on Kozlov and his sticks, that he's a freak about his blade length and height. The toe isn't totally squared either, it curves on the bottom, so toe drags are still pretty easy.

Isn't she lovely?

dolo_kozlov.jpg

Edited by halfmoonyote

Yeep that's the hockey monkey one. I'm pretty sure the blade is different. It doesn't have the thick boxy weave, and it's a little thicker than what i was expecting. It looks almost like my one95 blade.

IMG_0043.jpg

It continues all the way up the shaft. Off the top of my head I always thought XXXX's were woven differently.

That does look like a mission blade weave, very similar to one that I have, but would they actually put that onto a NB vapor?

Hahah well I guess we've confirmed the XXXX's on hockey monkey are Missions dressed as Vapors.

It is an awesome stick though, especially for the price. The curve is amazing and the shaft has just the right amount of grip. Nicely balanced and you can really feel the puck on your blade too. Wish I didn't cut it too short though. I tried to guesstimate the height because I left my other stick in my moms car, guess that's what I get hahah.

Hahah well I guess we've confirmed the XXXX's on hockey monkey are Missions dressed as Vapors.

It is an awesome stick though, especially for the price. The curve is amazing and the shaft has just the right amount of grip. Nicely balanced and you can really feel the puck on your blade too. Wish I didn't cut it too short though. I tried to guesstimate the height because I left my other stick in my moms car, guess that's what I get hahah.

Yeah I picked up a couple of the Gilbert XXXX's and it's the same thing. Definitely a Mission repainted (and stickered, heh.)

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

COMFY. Haven't used it on ice yet, but seems very cool and solid. The temples did seem a bit tight initially, but once I adjusted the length, and took out the Ear Pieces, fits like a Glove.

Edited by wex12

Not the Loops, the Clear Surlyn Ear pieces, and the screws/nuts

Yup, the 9500 ear guards are thicker than the previous ear guards. The nut and screw are long too. You easily get a good amount of space by removing them. I figured out that a 4500 fits me near perfect without the ear guards, previously I thought it was too narrow.

Those of you out there with experience with one95's --

Do the pro stocks play softer than the listed flex like the retails do?

Thanks

My pro stock feels softer then the 102 it is listed at.

Those of you out there with experience with one95's --

Do the pro stocks play softer than the listed flex like the retails do?

Thanks

My pro stock feels softer then the 102 it is listed at.

That is great to hear, my 87 flex is a little too soft, so I sprang for a 102 from Rimouski Oceanic and hopefully it will be between 95 and 100.

Thanks