Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Dennis Leary wears the same gloves on Rescue Me, definitely a "unique" look.

Thought they looked familiar, just started watching the series over again waiting for next season.

Looks like that Michigan sale was great. How were the prices?

It was actually pretty "meh" compared to past years. The prices were fantastic, as always -- some were even lowed.

Unfortunately, I wasn't in a financial position to go stick-hunting this year. Of the 3 years I've gone to the sale, this one had by far the best selection for righties like me.

Other than that, though, it was lacking. I like to grab a bunch of super-discounted performance apparel, and I came away with only one shirt this year. There was almost nothing sized smaller than XL. Gloves went way too quick with people grabbing 5 pairs at a time (and I was none too impressed with the palms and mobility anyway).

The big steals, in my opinion, were the helmets. Used logo/numbered practice helmets for $15, new-in-box helmets for $20, and used "winged" Michigan helmets for $25.

Edit - The tape was actually pretty solid, too. I got the last 20 rolls of white for $10. Probably would have grabbed 50 I could have.

Edited by mgoblue

Picked up these a few weeks ago....was told there were only 8 prs ever made?

Had to have them....only thing is "I'M CANADIAN" lol

These were sold as retail a few years ago.

Shayno, you better be an incredible player to pull those off!

Thing is Martin, I took 12 years off the game.......the last game I played was for Junior C here in Canada.........Now I couldn't play on my 10 year old daughter's team......but Damn do I look good out there!! LOL

I was told these gloves were for the 2006 Olympic team????? And they were prototypes?

Shayno

Why is that funny? Because the skates fit properly?

They fit outstanding. I'm 5'9" 180 lbs. No pain at all the first few times I've worn them. Just need to get used to the new blade profile. I'm coming from the U+ pros.

They seem to have a lot more padding in them than my CCMs did. No matter how soft the pass or shot that hit those things was, it still hurt.

TBL, If you want a pair a CCMs to hang from your mirror, I'll give you a good deal on mine. ;)

Edited by retroXvertigo