Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

my purchases from the Thrashers equipment sale:

Marty Reasoner's gloves:

ReasonerWarriors.jpg

I like that the name is stitched in the glove color. palms are in decent shape. one friend got Recchi's CCM branded MIA gloves in brand new condition.

apparently I just missed some unused Kovalchuk's that were going for $125.

Warrior pants:

WarriorPants.jpg

$25 in new condition. VERY pleased with this pickup.

they also had tons of sticks (bypassed that line) and lots of shoulder pads.

by my calculation I got $400 worth of gear for $55! :)

Edited by shoeshine boy

my purchases from the Thrashers equipment sale:

Marty Reasoner's gloves:

I like that the name is stitched in the glove color. palms are in decent shape. one friend got Recchi's CCM branded MIA gloves in brand new condition. gloves were $30.

apparently I just missed some unused Kovalchuk's that were going for $125.

Warrior pants:

$25 in new condition. VERY pleased with this pickup.

they also had tons of sticks (bypassed that line) and lots of shoulder pads.

by my calculation I got $400 worth of gear for $55! :)

See, I don't know why the flames can't have sales like that. They only ever have a few pairs of new shin/shoulder/elbow pads, gloves are always way overpriced, pants are always in crappy condition. The only things that i'm ever happy with are sticks, socks and sometimes visors. I kinda wish I lived in atlanta or st louis sometimes :tongue:

See, I don't know why the flames can't have sales like that. They only ever have a few pairs of new shin/shoulder/elbow pads, gloves are always way overpriced, pants are always in crappy condition. The only things that i'm ever happy with are sticks, socks and sometimes visors. I kinda wish I lived in atlanta or st louis sometimes :tongue:

Simple answer: The Flames are in Calgary, the Thrashers are in Atlanta.

Amazing deal on the pants.

thanks. I could see the silver shield liner even though the pants were on the bottom of the pile. folks around me were asking for RBK and CCM pants, most of which showed marginal wear. I said to Bobby the EQM, "what size are those pants with the yellow liner?" I was already determined to get them if they were even CLOSE to my size. :) they're a little small but I'll make them work!

Edited by shoeshine boy

New sticks finally got here today. Delays at the factory pushed the shipping time back, so Friday would've been 3 weeks from the day I ordered. I ordered 75 flex, clear finish, and sandpaper blade with the BC01 curve. The curve is sick. I'm posting a picture of the profile of the blade for those that are wondering what it looks like. I laid my Easton ST on top of it, and the lie and general blade shape are nearly identical to my Sakic curve. The shape differs towards the toe because the BC01 is a little shorter and has a narrower toe as you can see. The sandpaper finish is just like Easton's Z-Tac, but I'd say Base's is a little coarser. It feels really good.

The stick feels light and well balanced. I have a Dolomite 75 flex shaft with a Vapor XXXX Naslund blade in it, and my Base stick feels pretty similar to it. Compared to my '10 Easton ST, I'd say the Base stick is a little lighter and a little better balanced. Shaft shape is similar to my Dolomite, but a little thicker in the hands. I'd love to get one of the new EQ50 plugs to put in it and try, but I can't find any. Luckily I have a skate in less than two hours, so I get to tape them up and try them out tonight.

101_0003.jpg

101_0005.jpg

101_0010.jpg

Simple answer: The Flames are in Calgary, the Thrashers are in Atlanta.

Sorry, i shouldn't have ask I already understand why the prices are the way they are. It was more of a "I wish they could have sales like atlanta." That's kind of why I said I wished I lived in atlanta :tongue:

What I don't understand is why they can't have more of a selection when it comes to shoulder pads, elbow pads etc. Hockey is a huge hockey market and by the looks of the past couple sales, there are more than enough people coming out to support a larger selection of protective equipment.

Performance is always what I want impressions to come down to but damn is it hard to not think of how cheap that stick looks. I like the z-tacish looking blade.

Look at that, a reply without someone quoting the pictures directly above it. The retard fairy has blessed us with quite a bounty this year.

not so sure it's a true one95

It has the serial number/warranty stickers, true flex77 and 106blade..

But it's not the retail color for stick'um version and there's the blank space for the player name (empty here)

No pro-stock number.

If a stick pro drop by and can shed some light I'd appreciate !

Edited by Vathsdrop
oversized pics turned to links

Those pictures are the size of Texas. It took me well over two minutes to load them all. Doesn't anybody read the rules/guidelines for posting pictures and quoting posts with pictures right above it??? :angry:

Jesus Christ.

Now if someone can come along and quote those huge ass pics I can download this page in 10 minutes. Reading comprehension is fundamental but not to MSH folks.

Oh BTW is there a sell section I want to see how much I can get for a Gold Easton Synergy? and also does anyone know when blah blah NHL team is having a pro sale I don't know how to send an email or call the team?

Performance is always what I want impressions to come down to but damn is it hard to not think of how cheap that stick looks. I like the z-tacish looking blade.

It definitely could use a little bit more on the stick, but I like the plain look for the most part. As to the Z-Tacish looking blade, there is a Z-tac-ish finish on mine. Not sure if that's the same for them all...but it is for mine. It does perform very well though.

Yep was on the ice yesterday and today, definitely feels like a one95 (soft feel in the blade, amazing mid kick). Only the p106 (shittiest pattern ever :facepalm: ) spoils a bit the thing..but didnt really have the choice.

Edited by Vathsdrop