Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 7/5/2016 at 9:09 AM, moteef17 said:

I think Bauer nailed the blue that they worked into the Nexus design. I have the Nexus 400's from a few years back and will try to get into the 9000 when I can.

It's a bit much in my opinion. The best thing about the older Nexus skates was how traditional looking they were. 

4 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

It's a bit much in my opinion. The best thing about the older Nexus skates was how traditional looking they were. 

For some reason, the only things I think are a bit much are the black laces. The pictures I've seen of a few pros wearing them with white laces look much more "traditional", which I like better. Honestly a lot of the blue is covered by my shin guards/socks. Overall they're great-looking IMO and I love the fit. The depth/width is great for me and I got some Speed Plates baked into them a couple of days ago, so I am really enjoying being able to skate for a couple of hours at a time without any pain.

I think the best thing is that you can always you the trusted Sharpie to color over any blue you don't like. I know I did that for years with my Supremes. Would be cool if Bauer sold a black pen similar to Sharpie that did this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Finally bit the bullet today and replaced my old One75's (that were discolored and never properly fit) with a properly fitted pair of skates, I splurged on the Vapor X700's at my LHS and can't wait to try them out :-)

13652943_1158317550895643_5964823446412514121_o by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

Whatever LHS you have that gives you a free cat with purchase, hook me up with the details, because I'm sold.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Whatever LHS you have that gives you a free cat with purchase, hook me up with the details, because I'm sold.

1 hour ago, GloriousLeader said:

I see you got the new Bauer Kitty Cat performance insert. Looks like the extra plouff size too. Nice.

:laugh: it was a July special I couldn't pass up haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

:laugh: it was a July special I couldn't pass up haha

All kidding aside, the skate boxes can make great cat beds. I took a piece of carpet padding and cut it to the bottom dimensions and threw some fabric on it, put it in front of the window, and my cat sleeps in it half the day 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2016 at 0:26 PM, icewalker_bg said:

Aint no thang like a RE AKT helmet, thing feels simple amazing, words cant describe how happy my head is.  I have been using a 9900 / 9500 / 8500 for very long time in a L/XL, but in the RE AKT I am a M. 

I just picked up at reakt 75, upgrading from a 7500. Change was night and day. 7500 was a large and the padding was coming off. The reakt is a M and fits so nice. I dont need to move my helmet every time I stop now lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kclark87 said:

I just picked up at reakt 75, upgrading from a 7500. Change was night and day. 7500 was a large and the padding was coming off. The reakt is a M and fits so nice. I dont need to move my helmet every time I stop now lol

I am thinking about one of those in red. Tried it on at hockey giant felt good

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, x-axis said:

May I ask how much it is to play? 

Nothing official yet (and not sure if they've decided on the process yet. It may very well be an invite-only thing. However they said the goal (assuming they get fully funded) is for it to cost nothing. You just have to pay for your own airfare to Argentina.

Picked up a STX Puregrip extension plug and with a little bit of hockey tape and some extra glue I was able to set it into a standard stick shaft. What a difference in comfort for the top hand! kinda hard to see in the pic but it fits in the standard shaft almost seamlessly. image.jpeg

On 7/4/2016 at 7:27 PM, AfftonDad said:

I have made about four or five of them now for various people. Each time the design gets updated a little. It's much smaller and lighter now and has a suction cup to stick it to the glass.
DSC_5257sm_zpsbaeoyjgw.jpg

open?id=0B2A94zJKeEY5X2NLZFpsY1JTdGcDSC_5276sm_zpsisvxc7ra.jpg

DSC_5282sm_zps6tqt06in.jpg

I've never heard of keeping score at pickup before, but regardless I think these are awesome!

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've never heard of keeping score at pickup before, but regardless I think these are awesome!

Thanks. Yeah we didn't used to keep score much either. Well actually we kept score, just in our heads and everyone had to constantly say "whats the score". Now everyone misses having it when I'm not there. There are five of them in St. Louis (four other guys asked me to make them for them). And they each use them in the pickup games they play in, so there are several pickup games in St. Louis that they are at. We used to try to keep score with the rink's scoreboard but no one would consistently want to get up and walk to the scorekeepers box (and some rinks you can't get to the scorekeepers box). They have become so used to keeping score now that if I'm not there, they'll resort to keeping score with stacks of pucks on the boards.

Edited by AfftonDad

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I also made this. The association my son plays for (he just had his last year there last season) saw my scoreboard and asked me if I could modify one to be an interval timer. I accepted their challenge and came up with what you see below. You can set a total period time and then set an interval time. Each time the interval time elapses a very loud piezo alarm will sound and the next interval will start. When the period elapses a different sounding alarm will sound. The association will use it for their USA Hockey ADM U8 cross-ice games. In these games, they typically have three under age 8 cross-ice games going on at the same time. They will for example, set the period time to 18 minutes and the interval time to 1:30. Every 1:30 the alarm will go off and all six teams will change lines at the same time. The timer can display time in "Period Time Remaining", "Interval Time Remaining" or it can be put into a mode which alternates between Interval and Period time remaining every few seconds.

DSC_5351-m_zpseedopwrp.jpg

We have similar during our pickup. Single siren after 1:30 (change after the next play) and a double siren after 2:00 (change now if not already done). Pickups have two lines at two different skill levels so they do this to to make sure you don't have the two skill levels against each other. Works out really well. 

Never had a chance to try the infamous One95, but found one on eBay finally with my preferred curve and flex for $40!

In USA colors:

image.jpeg

• Like 9