Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

6 hours ago, IMC said:

Never had a chance to try the infamous One95, but found one on eBay finally with my preferred curve and flex for $40!

Infamous or famous...?  ;)

It's a sweet stick. Hate to see it disrespected. Awesome find!!!

8 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

after a year of playing in the RBZs I upgraded to the 48k's   just wish i could get the holders in black too...

who knew I was a 7.5 skate size, I was skating in a 9 for the last year.

qUQPITG.jpg

It's amazing how common this is. I did it too. 

let me know how you like the 48s. I have the 50s and love them, but may be looking to get a pair of the 48s when they go to closeout so that i can convert to inline. Same size even!

also it may have even been worse as i was a 6.5 in the RBZ but fit in a 7.5 ribcor. =)

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 3:30 PM, IMC said:

Never had a chance to try the infamous One95, but found one on eBay finally with my preferred curve and flex for $40!

In USA colors:

image.jpeg

Isn't the One95 touted as one of the greatest sticks ever made? I've got a One90 and it feels so slow. Maybe the 77 flex has something to do with it but it really flexes like a wet noodle. And I'm not a strong guy by any means.

Excited to give this a try. Loved my CX and regretted giving it away, and preferring more of a mid-kick stick I think I'll like this one too, even after being critical of Easton sticks in the past. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 10.55.10 AM.png

• Like 1

Found this in my buddy's basement and first thing I said was what the hell do I have to do for you to give me this stick? Traded him a QR1 with a curve I no longer use for it and voila, nostalgia at its best. Stick is still in great condition aside from paint chips that the ONE90 was notorious for. Now if only I can find a XN10....

13962602_10207190061573125_7400855203679

• Like 2

On 8/11/2016 at 3:40 PM, chriscastock44 said:

Vapor x7.0 LE & Graf Ultra F60 swiss made both with black holders and black edge runner

Are the F60 similar in design and depth to the 709/G70 skate?

On 7/5/2016 at 0:09 PM, moteef17 said:

I think Bauer nailed the blue that they worked into the Nexus design. I have the Nexus 400's from a few years back and will try to get into the 9000 when I can.

Remind me an awful lot of the One95's.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:43 PM, EBondo said:

Found this in my buddy's basement and first thing I said was what the hell do I have to do for you to give me this stick? Traded him a QR1 with a curve I no longer use for it and voila, nostalgia at its best. Stick is still in great condition aside from paint chips that the ONE90 was notorious for. Now if only I can find a XN10....

13962602_10207190061573125_7400855203679

So I don't know if it's the flex (most likely is) but I cannot stand my One90. It feels so slow. Granted, I've been using LK sticks for my entire life, but man does it shoot like a wet noodle. Again, it's probably the flex (77 and I've normally used ~87).

I have always used lacrosse elbow pads while playing.  I read a bunch about how much the STX Surgeons felt like lacrosse pads finally decided to try them out.  The mobility in these are far better than any hockey elbows I have ever tried on before.

IMG_1040_zpsnoyuyelo.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

I have always used lacrosse elbow pads while playing.  I read a bunch about how much the STX Surgeons felt like lacrosse pads finally decided to try them out.  The mobility in these are far better than any hockey elbows I have ever tried on before.

I have been thinking the same thing long time. The lacross elbow pads looks so mobile but someone told me as that lacross elbows don't have enough protection for playing hockey safety. How do you feel about this point? I want to hear your opinion.

1 hour ago, Mimizk said:

I have been thinking the same thing long time. The lacross elbow pads looks so mobile but someone told me as that lacross elbows don't have enough protection for playing hockey safety. How do you feel about this point? I want to hear your opinion.

I played pretty much my entire life in lacrosse elbow pads.  I used them in college club and never had an issue.  Over the winter I fell just right on my elbow, and I must have bruised it pretty good, because it hurt for two months.  I still continued to wear them.  I just really wanted to try these out after reading up on them.  If these weren't as mobile as they where I would still be using the lacrosse ones.  

For what its worth I have tried on a bunch of hockey elbow pads through the years most recently APX 2, MX3, Nexus 1000, Nexus 8000, RBZ, T90, and I will say none of them compare.

• Like 1

I got these new NYI Stadium Series team stock AX1's off Sideline Sports on Tuesday for $120, and what made it even better was that the seller was right up the freeway from me and I got them the next day.  Really happy with this find, I am in love with the colorways. IMG_0831.jpg 

• Like 8

I've made some end grips which have exactly the same shape. Wooden core and epoxy resin covering.
I usually bring 3 sticks to the game and each sticks have been cut at different length. Then I choose one from that according to my feeling after warmup. But I noticed that I felt shorter one as long and longer one as short by very slightly difference of my end grip. So I decided to make this copy grips.
I don't know whether this is really true though, I heard that usually people call such this method as "insert casting".

copy grip 2

I will make 4 or more copy grip for my ice and floor sticks. Already bought many different kinds of timber. So also looking forward to see another beauty wood grains :)

Edited by Mimizk
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, Mimizk said:

I've made some end grips which have exactly the same shape. Wooden core and epoxy resin covering.
I usually bring 3 sticks to the game and each sticks have been cut at different length. Then I choose one from that according to my feeling after warmup. But I noticed that I felt shorter one as long and longer one as short by very slightly difference of my end grip. So I decided to make this copy grips.
I don't know whether this is really true though, I heard that usually people call such this method as "insert casting"

I will make 4 or more copy grip for my ice and floor sticks. Already bought many different kinds of timber. So also looking forward to see another beauty wood grains :)

Looks really nice. How do they feel weight wise? Could help balance the stick a little more.

On 9/28/2016 at 7:26 PM, Coldclay said:

Warrior QRL Custom finally arrived after 8 weeks. Warrior orange came out a little more red than I was anticipating but overall very happy with them!

I would love to order a custom pair of these, but I am really not a fan of how they force you to color certain zones of the gloves.

• Like 1

The amount of end grip is not big. So I can't say this heavy though, also can't say light against general end grips which have been sold in local hockey shops. Because its wood core vacuumed much of epoxy resin until resin would harden. And also probably you can see babbles around top of the end grip. This is not came when I did casting, but also had taken slow times and came out from inside of wooden core instead of infiltrated epoxy resin.