Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

29 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

New twigs came in today:

14856044_10154739088003939_3652522351526

J1HLQIR.jpg

Nice. I can only dream about stuff like that, a 2092 is splurging for me. Where did you get custom from?

Through a shop in CT. Some brands are more receptive to custom orders from everyday consumers than others. I would have liked to get Bauer customs but the options that are available to non-pros are terrible, so I went with CCM since I'm familiar with their sticks, too (used a SicKick for like 3 years).

On 2016-10-27 at 8:59 PM, GoalForFun said:

Through a shop in CT. Some brands are more receptive to custom orders from everyday consumers than others. I would have liked to get Bauer customs but the options that are available to non-pros are terrible, so I went with CCM since I'm familiar with their sticks, too (used a SicKick for like 3 years).

Do you mean Mybauer? It is entirely possible to be a non pro and get full customs through Bauer. Just need to find the right shop. 

7 hours ago, jordanm said:

Do you mean Mybauer? It is entirely possible to be a non pro and get full customs through Bauer. Just need to find the right shop. 

I've asked around the main guys and they all said they would only be able to do "stock" curves aka no pro-moulds (but more options than on mybauer), and no mixing and matching blade stiffnessed with flex profiles.

35 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

I've asked around the main guys and they all said they would only be able to do "stock" curves aka no pro-moulds (but more options than on mybauer), and no mixing and matching blade stiffnessed with flex profiles.

Thsts unfortunate. It took me a long time to get someone to take my Bauer order. But I had access to everything. i have recently switched to Warrior as I was not a huge fan of Bauer to begin with.  

Usually its just finding the right shop, despite being told every shop can order custom sticks. It's very hard to find ones that will 

Edited by jordanm

Tried numan, tried DK (which is where I ended up getting these CCMs from). Steph said couldn't do it for me even though she had access to the full customs because I'm not a player on her roster so Bauer wouldn't have taken the order.

When I go through these CCMs if Bauer is being less stingy with their customs then I'll try them again. Would really love to have a 1N/G3 flex profile with a 1X blade (or whatever will be the stiffest blade they offer at that time). Plus the curve that I use is in Bauer's database already.

Dam. Looks like you covered all the bases. Surprised numan couldn't help you, 

I used numan, but cost me a premium, duty plus exchange rate getting them to Canada. Was brutal. 

On 15/10/2016 at 1:05 PM, TheRuz23 said:

Got my custom QRL's in a little while ago.

white graphics

kovalchuk pro pattern grip and diamond texture

Was thinking about maybe trying a Warrior custom. Do the custom sticks cost more than buying stock?

2 hours ago, puckpilot said:

Was thinking about maybe trying a Warrior custom. Do the custom sticks cost more than buying stock?

Min order is 6 and it's roughly 220CDN per stick

15 hours ago, jordanm said:

Dam. Looks like you covered all the bases. Surprised numan couldn't help you, 

I used numan, but cost me a premium, duty plus exchange rate getting them to Canada. Was brutal. 

How long ago did you have yours done? Because numan said that Bauer stopped doing full customs for non-pros around June of this year.

13 hours ago, jordanm said:

Min order is 6 and it's roughly 220CDN per stick

Nertz... the per stick price is reasonable enough, but I was hoping I could experiment with different specs. Oh well.

Thanks for the response. Saved me a trip down to the shop to ask. 

14590267_10207790598946184_3185415151671

Mom: "You should get rid of some of your hockey equipment."

Me: "Come on, I don't have THAT much!"

FWIW: What picture shows: 

Bauer Supreme 70 shins, Bauer Vapor APX2 shins.

Bauer 4500 helmet. CCM V08 Helmet.

CCM 4-Roll Pro Stock, Bauer Nexus 800, CCM U+CL, Mission Inhaler AC2 Gloves (since added pro-stock CCM 30K's)

Vapor 1X LE with Magnesium Chassis, Revision Flex Wheels. CCM JetSpeed with aluminum chassis and Labeda Addiction Wheels. Mission Inhaler DS1 and Bauer Supreme 170.

Sticks: Easton Synergy GX, True XCore9 and A6.0. Warrior QRL. Nike Bauer Supreme ONE90. Numerous outdoor sticks

Edited by EBondo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, EBondo said:

Mom: "You should get rid of some of your hockey equipment."

Me: "Come on, I don't have THAT much!"

Get some plastic tubs/boxes, and a couple of drying racks. Believe me you can hoard a LOT of gear without people knowing, as long as you keep the 'spare' stuff outta sight.

At one stage I had over 50 sticks/shafts, but because I had it neatly packed in a corner the wife didnt say anything. I also bought about 8 really solid plastic boxes, the type that has interlocking lids. Bought 8 of them, and when the wife asked why so many, I told her it was to help the kids organise their rooms... 2 went into their rooms, and the other 6 used to store my gear.

Or it could be my OCD... 

Edited by fatwabbit
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

How long ago did you have yours done? Because numan said that Bauer stopped doing full customs for non-pros around June of this year.

Ahh, makes sense. Mine were fall 2015. Since I now have my own Bauer ID I wonder if I can still get them made.  Nonetheless I switched back to Warrior this summer and couldn't be happier. 

Don't know yet. I wish it had a little more gold in the embroidery or trim. The black and gray gloves only have the player's name embroidered in the gold.

15 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

You think you'll be able to get me those gray gloves from LAK?

2 hours ago, LA Kings Pro Stock said:

Thanks althoma1! 

Here is my LA Kings Locker that I just finished this past weekend...

28srj8x.jpg

The whole setup looks great; even sideways.