Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 8/26 til first week of September Read more... ×

2019 Tackla TP4500 girdle and CCM Tacks 9040 shoulder pads.

First shoulder pads I’ve worn in a LONG time. I still find the Down Low shoulder way more comfortable but much less protective.
0832F8B0-5C0C-4237-B8D4-B81E7B9665A0.thumb.jpeg.01289b9825fe79c3b0fc0c35c1bd61d3.jpeg

The girdle is great. Very tight fitting but also very stretchy. Always wanted a girdle but every one I’ve tried has always put things in the wrong place or been problematic for a guy with a gut. With these, I found that once I removed the belt from the waist and moved it down between the hip pads and the kidney pads, it sat right where a belt normally would on me. 
0C378E98-699E-4060-B85B-00276C2BB699.thumb.jpeg.9a3b7175540fc6148f34561ef74f7846.jpeg

• Like 1

Well I mean, its basically the same girdle Tackla has had for what, 40+ years? The foams may be updated and stuff though. 

I always liked the idea of the T1 and the SuperTacks girdles just being wraps, but because I'm a "round" guy, if you know what I mean, I had a lot of difficulty with things staying in place. Stuff had a tendency to shift down because of the belly and the love handles. So I don't think my opinion is going to mean much to you unless you're also that shape.

That said, the pads on this thing are huge and... bubbly? Kind of weird. But I definitely like how it fits out of the box. I'll get it on the ice next week maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My CCM Tacks Girdle felt so tight when I first wore them, I almost returned them, but after adjusting the leg straps and about a month or so everything kinda fell into place.

It fits me perfectly now, I couldn't go back to regular pants anymore.

22 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Well I mean, its basically the same girdle Tackla has had for what, 40+ years? The foams may be updated and stuff though. 

I always liked the idea of the T1 and the SuperTacks girdles just being wraps, but because I'm a "round" guy, if you know what I mean, I had a lot of difficulty with things staying in place. Stuff had a tendency to shift down because of the belly and the love handles. So I don't think my opinion is going to mean much to you unless you're also that shape.

That said, the pads on this thing are huge and... bubbly? Kind of weird. But I definitely like how it fits out of the box. I'll get it on the ice next week maybe. 

I've been wearing that girdle for a while.  Pretty much the same as the old Cooper CG2, assuming the padding is a little better.  Somehow I lost my shell though so I am wearing Tackla pants again, not bad but a little roomy.  

35 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Should we be guessing what we're looking for?

I’m guessing he’s showing off the 3 fantoms

• Like 1

When you find something you like...well, you know.

From top to bottom

4 Pro-Stock Nexus 2016 1N's 82 flex P28's, 2 clear (DeAngelo) & 2 grip (NCAA)

1 Pro-Stock Alpha QX 75flex P28, (EK65, T8 build)

IMG_20190629_121721.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 12:33 PM, stick9 said:

When you find something you like...well, you know.

From top to bottom

4 Pro-Stock Nexus 2016 1N's 82 flex P28's, 2 clear (DeAngelo) & 2 grip (NCAA)

1 Pro-Stock Alpha QX 75flex P28, (EK65, T8 build)

IMG_20190629_121721.jpg

Enabler here

Edited by Cavs019
  • Haha 1