Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

i made this post in the current equipment thread, but was told this is the better place to put it:

i was curious to know if anyone has either the abuer 8000 or 8500 helmet with a jofa (or CCM) 480 cage, as i was thinking of getting this combo and was curious to see how it looks. If you have the combo could you please post a pic. Thanks!

If someone has already posted a picture, can i get a link, becasue I don't really want to look through 150 pages of this thread to find one pic. Thanks

The CCM FM480 cage is the best cage I've ever used in 20+ years of skating. Don't worry about how it looks (well, not too much) because it is the real deal holyfield. And let's not start a "black vs. chrome vs. white" discussion again! IMHO, black looks the best and all that talk about it camoflaging the puck is a load of hooey.

That wont hold at all. I used oak and the shaft ended up splitting on the first wrist shot I took.

I didn't say It would hold.. But so far, I've taken a few slap shots and it hasnt split. I was going to take it out on the ice this morning but I thought it'd just break first shot I'd take so it'd be a waste of time.

QUOTE(whbd18 @ Jan 31 2007, 06:22 PM)

That wont hold at all. I used oak and the shaft ended up splitting on the first wrist shot I took.

I didn't say It would hold.. But so far, I've taken a few slap shots and it hasnt split. I was going to take it out on the ice this morning but I thought it'd just break first shot I'd take so it'd be a waste of time.

How long was the piece of wood you stuck in there? Would a short piece create a bigger chance of splitting?

Well I guess my question would be more like, what's a happy medium taking into account the two people who said they've tried it. Cause something shorter probably hleps keeping the flex. Or maybe what type of wood too cause oak is pretty hard and dense.

I'm going to say the piece of wood was around 4.5 - 5 inches. I'm going to go take it out on the back deck right now, and put it to more of a test then I did last night.

Dougie, they charge 60 near you? We charge 30.00. YOur getting rooked

I actually think its over 60, don't know the exact price but remember I am in Canada.

Yeah I know..

Review after taking a few snap/slap shots:

So after I took a few snap shots and slap shots the glue started to loosen up, which was expected.. I'm going to pick up some epoxy in the next couple days because i'm pretty sure that that will work alot better. When I shook the stick the bottom half would wiggle, so i took a few slappers to see if the "shaft would split" but no dice. I'm pretty sure this will hold and with epoxy (not hot melt glue) that it will be fine.

Edited by Dougie8

Did you know there are companies that specialize in fixing one-piece sticks for about 40-50. They are supposedly pretty nearly perfect after being repaired...

o rly? Those have been mentioned and I'm sure he's well aware of it, but he's just trying a little home remedy.

Thanks Mack.

If you've read my last post or two then you'd know that I know about it CJ..

Edit:

I just re did the whole procedure with the same piece of wood but with "Gorilla Glue". I'll fill everyone in later tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Dougie8

Sounds dumb, but how you taping that shaft. Is it just really narrow tape or you slice it in half? Seems like something I might wanna try.