Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

Tie ties

2 hours ago, guitarfreek92 said:

i know there's are a couple options on the market but has anyone tried to make their own either a smart strap or hal strap kinda of set up? How did it work for you? 

Nope. For what HAL straps cost, it's not worth the effort to make your own. 

I've also used the Brian's, and the Passau clone of the Brian's. 

18 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Do you know what size shock cord they use 

18 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The difference is, you could buy an ENTIRE roll of the material that is used for the price of the Hals. That being said, I don't have the time to mess with making any, myself.

7 minutes ago, guitarfreek92 said:

Do you know what size shock cord they use 

I am not certain. I don't have calipers or I would measure. It's not that big.

The Brain's were terrible. I have one extra set. I have both the Hal Pro and Prolaces. Prolaces uses a pretty thick shock cord, thicker than the Hals. 

How would you attach? Would you use some sort of clip system to secure them together or just tie them? 

26 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am not certain. I don't have calipers or I would measure. It's not that big.

The Brain's were terrible. I have one extra set. I have both the Hal Pro and Prolaces. Prolaces uses a pretty thick shock cord, thicker than the Hals. 

How would you attach? Would you use some sort of clip system to secure them together or just tie them? 

I actually made my own set and used bungee hooks but worried about using to thick of a cord. Total it cost me 10 dollars to do all the strapping in the back of my pad and toe ties. 

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

The difference is, you could buy an ENTIRE roll of the material that is used for the price of the Hals. That being said, I don't have the time to mess with making any, myself.

Yeah, but what I'm I going to do with a roll of material? 

44 minutes ago, guitarfreek92 said:

I actually made my own set and used bungee hooks but worried about using to thick of a cord. Total it cost me 10 dollars to do all the strapping in the back of my pad and toe ties. 

Exactly, which is why I said I wouldn't bother making my own.

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah, but what I'm I going to do with a roll of material? 

Exactly, which is why I said I wouldn't bother making my own.

LOL. You could make Hals for every one of your friends and non friends! You could make bed sheet tie downs. You could do kinky things to the person of your choice with elastic!!! The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!

$4 bungee cords and some heavy duty zip ties make the best toe ties you can find.  Seriously.

I get the love for the small niche manufacturers like Passau, Monster, and VH.  But just because they are more personal doesn't always make them better,

8 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

$4 bungee cords and some heavy duty zip ties make the best toe ties you can find.  Seriously.

I get the love for the small niche manufacturers like Passau, Monster, and VH.  But just because they are more personal doesn't always make them better,

The point isn't that they are necessarily better than something you make yourself (though in this case I think they are). It's that it's not worth the time and effort to make them myself. 

Hal straps are $30 by the time you ship them, and take up to 4 weeks to receive.

Home Depot straps are $5, and takes 10 minutes.  I'm not talking making your own version of the Hal Straps.  I make a loop with the bungee, and adjust it as necessary with the zip ties.  Though I will say that the toes on my G3's work pretty well.

Hey whatever works for you. I like the HAL straps, especially the way they're constructed. Especially being velcro. 

Though I'm now using the Passau clone of the Brian's straps which are infinitely better than the Brian's version. Thinking of combining those with one of the Ryno bridges though. Those things are awesome for fat guys.