Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDhouston

Vapor 1x wooden plug

Just picked up a vapor 1X 2015 model 102 flex from HM. I need to add a little length so I have a standard wood plug that I have used in other brands of sticks. It goes about half way in and stops. I pushed very hard and nothing. Am I missing something? I actually ordered a round plug also but it is way too small. Appreciate any help 

I tried and tried got it super hot. Ended up just cutting the end that goes in the shaft because it would go in any further. 

I think it's in far enough to hold 

It's possible that it's stopping because of reminents of the internal bladder and plastic they use during construction. I noticed when I put a butt plug ?!?! into my 1N that there was clear plastic film on the inside that was loose from the edges.. pulled as much as I could out.. but maybe something similar with yours?

45 minutes ago, Bakum said:

You could try this if you wanted to spend $15 on it. It's probably not friendly with cutting it down to custom length like a wood plug though.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Bauer_Vapor_1X_Composite_End_Plug_Sr_2016/descpage-B1XEP6.html

Why wouldn't it be? I have a composite extension in one of mine and it got cut down just fine.

1 hour ago, Troubadour said:

Why wouldn't it be? I have a composite extension in one of mine and it got cut down just fine.

I thought those composite ones were hollow like the composite sticks are. They are solid all the way through so you can chop them down?

20 minutes ago, Bakum said:

I thought those composite ones were hollow like the composite sticks are. They are solid all the way through so you can chop them down?

I am not sure I am following, you can cut a composite stick and/or plug.  Being hollow has nothing to do with it.

47 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

I am not sure I am following, you can cut a composite stick and/or plug.  Being hollow has nothing to do with it.

I suppose it doesn't matter really. It was just my assumption that most like the end of the stick closed but it's all the same.

12 minutes ago, Bakum said:

I suppose it doesn't matter really. It was just my assumption that most like the end of the stick closed but it's all the same.

You can put the end cap on the extension just like on a normal composite shaft.

From my experience, the size of the stick opening changes from brand to brand. For example CCM sticks have wider openings than Warrior. With CCM I could just take a wooden plug straight off shelf and plug in. If I try with a Warrior, I need to shave it down a lot. 

Also sometimes there's too much glue on the extension and all you have to do is wipe some off and it will go in nice.

As with extensions that are too small, you can widen them by applying strips of hockey tape. If you get the width just right you won't have to worry too much about glue. Just wrap a little hockey tape around the connection joint and friction should be enough to hold plug in.

And yes you can cut composite extensions. Simply remove the end cap that's on the stick and put it on the extension.