Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
the_game

Reign Skates and Frames

Don't know if they will catch on but at the 2016 FIRS championship there were a number of guys wearing these. I wanted to try a pair on but they don't make them for my tiny feet (size 6) lol. The one thing I really liked about them was how the frame mounts to the boot, you can adjust it in all directions to suit your foot mechanics. This is something that speed skaters have done for years but no one in the inline hockey world has provided for until now.

Edited by Vet88

On 1/28/2017 at 11:28 PM, Vet88 said:

Don't know if they will catch on but at the 2016 FIRS championship there were a number of guys wearing these. I wanted to try a pair on but they don't make them for my tiny feet (size 6) lol. The one thing I really liked about them was how the frame mounts to the boot, you can adjust it in all directions to suit your foot mechanics. This is something that speed skaters have done for years but no one in the inline hockey world has provided for until now. 

Hi,

I do own the Reign Zeus Trinity. It is a nice, comfortable, stiff and reactive boot. On ice I´m in Nexus N2900 6.5D, my Zeus is EU41 fitting me fine. They are producing size EU40 upwards, so you could try them. I have been using them for about eight weeks last summer, two to three times a week. It was my first season on skates, using some Graf Maxx10 size 7, beeing too small, before. I had to go down for a 4x80mm frame on this boot because i couldn´t stand the height. The 3x100mm(Prime Centurio 84a) frame is more agile, has a better rolling resistance but a slower acceleration than my 4x80mm(Labeda Asphalt 85a) setup. After one season on ice I´m going to try the 3x100mm setup again next week.

Edited by hockeydad3

Ok....so there is a site I shop at that has these on clearance making the price more to my liking. No size chart though. I wear a size 10 shoe so what size skate should I be looking for? The Reign website is no help at all.

22 hours ago, Taskmaster99 said:

Ok....so there is a site I shop at that has these on clearance making the price more to my liking. No size chart though. I wear a size 10 shoe so what size skate should I be looking for? The Reign website is no help at all.

Hi,

the last picture is the sizing chart: https://sportbiene.de/Reign-Inline-Hockey-Skate-Zeus-Trinity-Outdoor

My feet are 255mm long, I´m wearing EU size 41 shoes, having a high instep, small forfeoot, normal heel, and a voluminous midfoot. I´m fitting tight into size EU41 Zeus skate with a little room for my toes and a good heellock. Im wearing Bauer N2900 6.5D which is according to the bauer size chart: EU41, 25,5cm.

These look intriguing.  I am in the market for new skates.  My ice are vapors and alkali shift for inlines.  How is the fit?  Also concerned with the height and boot lasting because we play out doors alot.

The bootconstruction is different to classic hockey skates, because they are developed from inlineskates. The manufacturer is Powerslide and the boots are looking similar to the Tau and Kaze models. So for fitting informations you could search this way. For me its my best fitting skate. I have a high volume midfoot, small forefoot and normal heel. In Nexus I´m touching the pencil with my midfoot. In my Reign Zeus boot I´m failing the pencil-test at all, but the flexible lace-area seems to compensate this volume-issue. The sides and the heel are quite stiff with a good forward flex. The boot has also a noticeable high-density memory-foam padding. Although I´m way off from Vapors you could give them a try. Maybe the powerslides have a more unique fit because they have only one product-line. It´s try and error as always with new models.

Yes you will feel the height. Now I´m on 3x90mm in the 3x100mm frame. It´s feeling better for me, more stable and more agile than 3x100mm. The 5mm towards the ground is noticeable. But i only could find outdoor-wheels with 90mm diameter. Now I´m on 85a-88a-85a 90mm, this setup is definitely more agile and faster than the 4x80mm or the 3x100mm i was using before. Details you could read above. I´m using the skate outdoor and there is some wear and tear without a functional effect.

In the web and on youtube you could find more information about the skates.