Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

Christmas Loot

Post the hockey related loot you got or got for someone else!

Edit: Technical difficulties with the images.

I've wanted a Lindros jersey since I was 6. Probably the nicest jersey I own now.

20161225_100350_zpset64bxk9.jpg

Been wanting to try a visor, but I like my teeth. Fishbowl it is!

20161225_101955_zpsesv3isxr.jpg

Howdy,

DId pretty well....

A pair of Easton Pro 15 pants, Mako shoulders, a QR3 w71/Pacioretty, a Tron jersey & socks, plus some tape and such.  :-)

Yes, this means I mostly bought all that stuff myself, but the deal with my wife was that I wouldn't open the boxes until today.  So it actually was a pretty good xmas!  :-)

I'm interested to see how I like the pants.  "Tank like" seems like a good description.  :-)  Also pleasantly surprised by the Tron jersey... Seems really well made.  The Mako shoulders looks to be a little lower profile than the Reebok 18Ks I'd been using.

Got old guy hockey tomorrow morning to give it all a whirl too!

Merry xmas to everyone on MSH!  You all have been a high point for 2016 for me for sure.  :-)

Mark

I would've considered asking for something cool like an expensive shiny new stick, but since I'm in the middle of a terrible curve crisis, I've decided to hold off on shelling out big bucks for something that may or may not work for me. Here's my minuscule list of hockey-related things I got:

Bauer Helmet Bag - Bauer, sometimes I love you, and other times, I really, REALLY hate you. I asked my folks to buy this for me, and I admit, I didn't really see any good pictures of this thing beforehand. I was expecting something thick and tough with a faux-leather outside and nice, soft microfiber/terrycloth on the inside. What I got instead was a flimsy grocery bag with a drawstring. Will probably end up replacing with something good instead.

Firstar Rink Hockey Socks - This was another one I picked out for my folks to get me. The flimsy retail Reebok Edge socks (yes, I take back all the nice things I said about retail Reebok Edge gear) in the intermediate size fit me pretty well. I assumed the same would be true with Firstar as well. It wasn't. Trying to squeeze these socks over my shin guards was like trying to squeeze Josh Gad in a wetsuit. Going to roll the dice on returning these for seniors. If THOSE don't work, I'm going to write Reebok an irate letter demanding they make their socks out of something more durable than one-ply toilet paper and ditch the Velcro system designed for a pair of pants that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE wears.

TL; DR - I ruined my own Christmas.

Lame! Hopefully it's all returnable. If it makes you feel any better I snapped one of those plastic hinges on the top of that avision elite after I screwed it in thinking it was supposed to move farther than its meant. Haha.

Ordered the new hardware already but man do I feel like an idiot. 

5 hours ago, Burning Bear said:

I would've considered asking for something cool like an expensive shiny new stick, but since I'm in the middle of a terrible curve crisis, I've decided to hold off on shelling out big bucks for something that may or may not work for me. 

Hilarious; I can relate! 

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Hilarious; I can relate! 

10 hours ago, Burning Bear said:

I would've considered asking for something cool like an expensive shiny new stick, but since I'm in the middle of a terrible curve crisis, I've decided to hold off on shelling out big bucks for something that may or may not work for me. Here's my minuscule list of hockey-related things I got:

I thought you guys were going P46?

But I'm also having the same problem (PP77 vs PP09)

Well....  I can't quite celebrate Christmas but I did buy myself some gear for the holiday sales season.

Got the Dynasty Girdle - L, Dynasty Girdle girdle shell in black size L and an Easton royal blue girdle shell in XL

Currently trying to talk myself out of buying Warrior QRL gloves. Ive been using the QR1s for about a year and love them, but the palms are trashed.

One of my daughters gifts was a hockey bag.  I spent the morning cannibalizing a couple old game jerseys and customizing the bag for her. Think it turned out great.  Couple stock photos and then her bag.

IMG_0033_zpslooatlfm.jpgIMG_0034_zpsf5ag6htm.jpgIMG_0030_zpsyfkvh7ni.jpgIMG_0029_zpsbgknabtc.jpgIMG_0028_zpsyknw870o.jpg

17 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I thought you guys were going P46?

But I'm also having the same problem (PP77 vs PP09)

I just used X28 for the first time the other night. I think I like it so far, but give me a few more muffed pass receptions (I love the shooting and stick handling is pretty good'ish) and I will be blaming the curve and scouting another. 

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys- I'm in love with the P106 but it's becoming a huge pain to try to track them down ($299 for a new model isn't an option). Picked up W28 and W88 QR1s to try over the next few weeks, I imagine I'll hate both of them. 

Beyond that, my haul (presents to myself)

Bauer IMS 9.0 Helmet 

CCM RBZ Elbows (wow, this stuff is awesome. Looking into grabbing the shoulders as well)

Some random skating socks/under gear

I don't play much roller hockey, but when I do I need a pair of skates that fit my foot right so I plan on doing an inline conversion when I find a cheap enough deal on ebay, sideline swap or elsewhere.  My gifts to myself this year 

rs.php_zps4581wwqm.jpeg

rs-1.php_zpsughhckoq.jpeg

I plan on picking up some indoor wheels in a few months.

On 12/26/2016 at 3:02 PM, kmfdm86 said:

Currently trying to talk myself out of buying Warrior QRL gloves. Ive been using the QR1s for about a year and love them, but the palms are trashed.

Get some QRL Pros.  Seriously.  Probably the best bang-for-buck in the family and doesn't have that horrible PU.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:12 PM, syinx said:

Get some QRL Pros.  Seriously.  Probably the best bang-for-buck in the family and doesn't have that horrible PU.

Took your advice. Got the QRL Pro glove in black and red en route. 

Can't believe how snug and comfortable they are while still retaining a high level of wrist mobility.

On 12/30/2016 at 5:56 PM, kmfdm86 said:

Took your advice. Got the QRL Pro glove in black and red en route. 

Can't believe how snug and comfortable they are while still retaining a high level of wrist mobility.

Glad you like them!  They're essentially the same glove, minus the mesh gussets and rubber grip on the palms.  I usually direct customers down that route anyway - the nylon is far more durable than the Covert Mesh and PU.