Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

penguinpelts

Warrior Blades- Lupul vs. Granlund

I've been searching and searching for a cheap Warrior stick to try, and I had settled on the Lupul pattern because it is the most similar to the PM9 Stamkos/Malkin Bauer pattern, which is what I've been using for years.

Yesterday I went shopping and one of the sales reps pointed me to the Granlund pattern, saying that it was actually a little straighter and sounded like it would suit my Lie needs as well because I skate more upright.

Does anyone have any experience using these two blades? Anyone smarter out there than me that can confirm whether or not the Granlund pattern has replaced the Lupul? Thanks as always.

Cursory search turned up this. Data was copied from www.inlinewarehouse.com

Granlund curve is W05

Curve:Heel 9/16
Face:open
Toe:round
Length:long
Lie:5
Player:Granlund, Kovalev
Playability:The open face design helps elevate the puck. This curve is also great for slap shots and one-timers. Also is a solid choice for making deflections in front of the net.

Lupul is W01

Curve:Mid Heel 3/8
Face:slightly open
Toe:round
Length:medium
Lie:4
Player:Lupul, Burrows, Savard, Fedorov
Similar Curves:warriorW12, sherwoodPP9, bauerP91A, ccmP17
Playability:This curve is great for passing and puck handling. Offers a large sweet spot for slap shots and one-timers.

Granlund is way more open, has a higher lie, and is a much more rockered blade. They're both heel curves but that's where the similarities end. 

If you want a PM9, get the Lupul.