Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

NHL Allstar weekend, 2017

Malkin is with injury and is scheduled to miss this week regular season games as well as All-Star game. Evgeny Malkin was on the roster for metropolitan division is now replaced by Cam Atkinson of Columbus Blue Jackets. 

Can I slip in one more "blue jackets post" in?

John Tortorella who was scheduled to be head coach for Metropolitan All Star Team has a family emergency and has withdrew himself from the all-star headcoach opportunity. Not sure who will be asked to take his place.

2 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

OK... THAT SUCKED.  I hated the 3v3 and no one cared at all.

Bring back 5v5... or maybe 4v4 if you must.  But that wasn't hockey and it sucked.

I like 3v3 as an overtime, but in the frame of the all star game, just not a big fan.

Last years was much better IMO. Way better pace. Not so great this year. 

Highlights of the weekend for me were Smith's goal, and Holtby's save on Marchand. 

Bobrovsky was okay, but Rask was brutal. 

Also I hate to admit it, but Bieber is pretty decent. 

Imo all star game supposed to suck. It is just bunch of guys having a good time, passing puck, trying to be too cute. I was especially bored by when a guy comes out with the puck in front of goalie, defence just colapses and let him take a shot. Final game was a little less friendly, and there were some good moments, but it still was a slow pace friendly game nevertheless. Well Tuesday is back to work and that is when we can expect some good hockey.

I have to say, it was pretty lame. Agreed the third game was worth watching, but the first two were painful, as well as the Nick Jonas performance. He finished up and all you could hear was crickets. And yeah, Beiber's got wheels. Who would have thought, although I guess I should have suspected being from ON.