Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Sticks -

New for 2017 is the 2nd gen XCore product; the XC9 ACF.

With a focus on swing weight, the XC9 ACF's balance point was tweaked to improve on that.  It was lightened a bit in the shaft and blade - coming in at 415g.  Their Braided Rib Tech that debuted on the A6.0 SBP last year has been added to the entire X series line.  On the graphics side, the stick was given a bit more color in the upper part of the shaft.  Available in all of True's patterns, however, a MC2 was added to the retail lineup.  It is a xx9 clone.

The stick is coming in at $279.99 USD in senior length.

On the youth and junior side, the XC9 is offered in 4 different flexes; it is called the U-Flex.  Comes in at 20/30/40/50 flex.

The A Series is unchanged for 2017.

Gloves -

Unchanged for 2017.

Pants -

This is a new category for True for 2017, and it's an interesting take on the category.  Their X-Tec Suspension protective package is in the hip and kidney pads - there is a X strap that goes across the pad on the side that sits against the body, creating a space between the body and the actual pad.  Upon impact, it allows for the brunt of the impact to be dispersed, minimizing it as it carries through to the body.  Here are some examples:

XTEC Sample pics 2.jpgXTEC Sample pics 4.jpg

XTEC Sample pics 3.jpgXTEC Sample pics 6.jpg

XTEC Sample pics 7.jpg

The pant comes in two forward-canted fits, the XC9 which is a fitted pant, and the A6.0 SBP which is a classic fit.  They both come with 800 denier nylon, zippers, antimicrobial liner and a 2" height adjustment system that is achieved with grommets.  Also to note, the hip pads are cut differently.  They are segmented for better flexion.  So instead of having a single piece of curved plastic, you have a straight piece running down the pant (like goalie pants used to have) then the actual front hip pad.

• Like 3

Very excited to see the new pants coming out! I'll probably get myself a pair of the A6.0's to match my gloves and stick ;)

Also, my old Mako's are getting worn out.

The pants seem like a cool product for sure. I was hoping to see a third generation replacement blade. I really liked the stiffness weight and feel of the second gen, but every single one that I got snapped off at the base of the tenon after minimal use.

Awesome....I went onto the TRUE website just yesterday.  I noticed that the newer sticks did list some additional Curves I have not seen from them before and could not find a chart on the site (TC3, MC2).

It appears they have added colorways to the gloves, which is also cool to know you get special colors if needed as well.

True has been on our radar and when I get a chance to check out TRUE gear...I do.  The great thing about releasing of this information early is knowing. 

-To hold out (if possible) until that product is available (retail) OR if they are making a big enough swing on something to stock up on product before it disappears.

This catalog edition is missing their -Bags and -Accessories (maybe they are not ready to launch)

thanks for sharing

The pant offering is intriguing- curious to see the execution of the hip pads. Cool concept.  Nice to see the length adjustment option on the pants becoming more and more common as well.  

On 2/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, AIREAYE said:

Unusual presence of a 68 flex intermediate offering for the XC9 ACF. Is there a story behind that?

Not Much of a Story. We Started the offering of 58 flex intermediate and wanted to have greater separation between the two intermediate flexes compared to a closer separation to intermediate to senior.

21 hours ago, jdksaves said:

Not Much of a Story. We Started the offering of 58 flex intermediate and wanted to have greater separation between the two intermediate flexes compared to a closer separation to intermediate to senior.

Is it fair to say that the 68 flex XC9 will feel stiffer than a 65 flex A6.0 for example?

26 minutes ago, AIREAYE said:

Is it fair to say that the 68 flex XC9 will feel stiffer than a 65 flex A6.0 for example?

Very Slight difference, but shouldn't be something that should sway someone that was using a 65 in an A6.0 into trying the 68 in the XC9.

• Like 1

I'm getting back into hockey after a 6  year hiatus. Ex college player, bounced around a little before settling  into years of senior A hockey. I've always preferred  the traditional 4 roll glove for it's wrist mobility (don't  like the restrictive feeling of  the modern  snug  fitting gloves I've tried).  I can see an advantage to a slimmer fit though ( less bulk, quicker hand movement, agility).  Interested in the  TRUE glove line.  Will the XC9 give me the range of motion  of my current glove, an MIA MB22?  Or should  I stick with the A 6.0 ?

On 2/18/2017 at 9:47 AM, clarkiestooth said:

I'm getting back into hockey after a 6  year hiatus. Ex college player, bounced around a little before settling  into years of senior A hockey. I've always preferred  the traditional 4 roll glove for it's wrist mobility (don't  like the restrictive feeling of  the modern  snug  fitting gloves I've tried).  I can see an advantage to a slimmer fit though ( less bulk, quicker hand movement, agility).  Interested in the  TRUE glove line.  Will the XC9 give me the range of motion  of my current glove, an MIA MB22?  Or should  I stick with the A 6.0 ?

Both the A6.0 and the XC9 are not very restrictive, I would say the XC9 may even work slightly better, greater flexibility in the body of the glove. It's always best to try them on, but understand that is not always an option, but I think you would be happy with either choice.

Via email this morning True said they won't be able to ship warranty sticks until May 15th. I was about to send one out for replacement. Anyone know about this? I have the ACF stick on preorder but now I'm kind of weirded out. 

On 2/20/2017 at 11:21 AM, six501 said:

Via email this morning True said they won't be able to ship warranty sticks until May 15th. I was about to send one out for replacement. Anyone know about this? I have the ACF stick on preorder but now I'm kind of weirded out. 

This is only on certain sticks in our line up and we are trying to work through this to have them replenished quicker than that date. We just wanted to be upfront about a delay.

19 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

I've got an old True Temper -made pro stock Vrbata Combat 52 CalR stick, that I think is the perfect stick for firing snappers.  What is the closest current True model to the Combat 52 CalR?

We've made a lot of improvements since that particular stick, but a similar model for overall weight would be the A5.2SBP, but as I said even this stick will have improvements on balance, feel, play-ability and durability

27 minutes ago, jdksaves said:

This is only on certain sticks in our line up and we are trying to work through this to have them replenished quicker than that date. We just wanted to be upfront about a delay.

So that isn't something that should be expected on all sticks, right? I still might send mine back and just wait it out at this point. I have a bunch of back ups now anyways. 

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

So when do we get to hear about True and shoulder pads??? Looking for something different in the market... maybe adjustable shoulder caps so us really broad guys and actually get a good fit!!

All good things come to those who wait

• Like 1

1 hour ago, six501 said:

So that isn't something that should be expected on all sticks, right? I still might send mine back and just wait it out at this point. I have a bunch of back ups now anyways. 

It's not every stick and not even in every model. It would be up to our warranty department to tell you at the time of the RA submission.

On 2/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, hawkeyfan said:

Awesome....I went onto the TRUE website just yesterday.  I noticed that the newer sticks did list some additional Curves I have not seen from them before and could not find a chart on the site (TC3, MC2).

The MC2 is listed as like Bauer PM9, whereas the TC3 is listed as being like a CCM Euro 20 curve.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, jdksaves said:

We've made a lot of improvements since that particular stick, but a similar model for overall weight would be the A5.2SBP, but as I said even this stick will have improvements on balance, feel, play-ability and durability

OK, it's new stick time.  What  blade pattern is closest to the Vrbata ?

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, jdksaves said:

TC2, but won't be exact

Just picked up a pro stock Vrbata A5.2 SBP.  Says it is a pattern HCR.  Looks like the Combat, curve is slightly bigger.