Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha QX Glove

1 hour ago, the_game said:

Is there any chance you can elaborate on what changed, possibly material or construction wise, from the MIC to overseas glove production that has put so much emphasis on the 'butter soft feel'/'off-the-wall-feel' for the Alpha QX gloves?

Yes - I will elaborate on the construction and more details about the gloves on an upcoming blog post on warriorhockey.com.  There are many features that come together to make this "butter soft feel" that we've been describing.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:57 PM, Miseaujeu said:

The flex cuff on the Alpha won't be as extreme as the QRL.  To me, it's a nice blend of traditional with the added benefits of the cuff moving with your hand to protect it.  You don't feel it, but it's there when you need it.

I think I'm most interested in this feature.  I had wrist surgery this past fall and have to wear a brace as a result.  I really like the idea of the flex cuff and am hopeful that since this version won't be as extreme as the QRL it could work for me.

Got into looking more deeply into the photos of the Alpha QX Gloves and it seems to me that there is possibly a leather perforated  material on the glove. Of course at this point I am roughly speculating  that it has that leather feature which could possibly be another material that looks very similar

16 hours ago, Dnk900 said:

Got into looking more deeply into the photos of the Alpha QX Gloves and it seems to me that there is possibly a leather perforated  material on the glove. Of course at this point I am roughly speculating  that it has that leather feature which could possibly be another material that looks very similar

I believe its the same synthetic leather they use in the QRL glove. I think on the customizer they call it "3d PU" which suggests its a perforated polyurethane.

54 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

Giving the MSH community a head start on our next blog revealing the secret to Butter Soft Feel.

Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/AlphaButter

Great read and Loving the pictures and Gifs. I really am liking the details all over the glove into the palm. Its so exciting!

13 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

Giving the MSH community a head start on our next blog revealing the secret to Butter Soft Feel.

Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/AlphaButter

WHAT is going on in the palm? Digital fingers and some sort of perf palm? Looks intriguing for sure. I'm in QRL Pros presently and loving them; but will likely step up into these to get a bit of better protection in the backhand (finally 4 roll protection that is not flopping all over the place and feeling like you got a pork chop on the back of your hand).

Will the Alpha deal with heat better? I bought some QRLs and whilst I love the flex cuff, and the soft feel, my hands sweated like crazy making the palms slippery. I've not had that issue in gloves before and after several games the QRLs went on my shelf and my 30Ks went back on, I was kinda gutted :(

On 3/10/2017 at 11:15 PM, Cosmic said:

WHAT is going on in the palm? Digital fingers and some sort of perf palm? Looks intriguing for sure. I'm in QRL Pros presently and loving them; but will likely step up into these to get a bit of better protection in the backhand (finally 4 roll protection that is not flopping all over the place and feeling like you got a pork chop on the back of your hand).

I don't think the palm is perforated. It looks more like a shiny tacky grip studded material. What you see a perforations is likely just that material reflecting light. 

I'm curious about the Lycra, stretch material, 'moves with your hand' materials...what is the durability going to be like with these gloves? You mention creating a glove that gets away from the boxy/sloppy feeling but if this material stretches over time and loses its flex won't that make for another sloppy fitting glove?

Also the backhand roll layout is very reminiscent of the Ferland HG3400 from the 90's. Actually they remind somewhat of the cooper techniflex too.

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Cooper Techniflex glove...That's what first came to mind when I saw it.

7 hours ago, the_game said:

Actually they remind somewhat of the cooper techniflex too.

Ha! You're completely right! I had a pair of those growing up... 

On March 10, 2017 at 2:28 PM, icewalker_bg said:

Such a gorgeous looking glove. I have a feeling this will be a home run for Warrior .

Feels better than it looks.  Grand Slam!

On March 10, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Cosmic said:

The Palm on the Alpha QX (top end) is a base layer of Digital (the grey with pattern).  This material is very light, durable and thin for added feel.  Digital also adds grip when wet.  It's not huge like neumann tactified but is less slippery than, say, Nash.

The palm overlay in the image was actually changed on the final glove version (the images you see are from last year).  Gone are the added welded hexagon plastics.  The palm will have embossed hexagon pattern, but be clarino only.  The plastic welded pieces were removed because they actually made the gloves slip and added extra bulk on the palm, making it hard to feel the stick.

The black overlay is Clarino 8080.  A palm material that is proven in hockey time in time-out for feel, durability and weight.  It's used extensively in the NHL and works very well.

On March 12, 2017 at 0:55 AM, RickDC said:

Will the Alpha deal with heat better? I bought some QRLs and whilst I love the flex cuff, and the soft feel, my hands sweated like crazy making the palms slippery. I've not had that issue in gloves before and after several games the QRLs went on my shelf and my 30Ks went back on, I was kinda gutted :(

I'm gutted too!  Nobody should ever put baby on the shelf.  Let's get you back in Warrior gloves.

There is ventilation built into the thumb stall (3D mesh) and finger gussets (the lycra stretch material breathes).  But more important that these is that the Alpha glove is not as "air-tight" as the QRL.  The open cuff and more open wrist will help dissipate heat to escape out the top of the glove when in use.  This should feel better for you than the QRL.

23 hours ago, the_game said:

I'm curious about the Lycra, stretch material, 'moves with your hand' materials...what is the durability going to be like with these gloves? You mention creating a glove that gets away from the boxy/sloppy feeling but if this material stretches over time and loses its flex won't that make for another sloppy fitting glove?

Also the backhand roll layout is very reminiscent of the Ferland HG3400 from the 90's. Actually they remind somewhat of the cooper techniflex too.

The material won't slop out because it is still sewn within the structure of the glove's padding pockets and outer binding (which doesn't stretch the outer frame of the glove).    Each tufftek 2.0 or PU padding structure pocket doesn't stretch the outer limits, but the lycra allows the hand to move into the padding channels on the back-hand only. 

Our designers did keep this in mind when putting it together.

It's hard to explain but hopefully this makes sense.

Also, Cooper Techniflex was one of my personal favs.  One of the best ever made IMHO.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:49 AM, mojo122 said:

I was waiting for someone to bring up the Cooper Techniflex glove...That's what first came to mind when I saw it.

First thing I said when I saw them.

On 2/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, GoalForFun said:

What will the color offerings be? I've been looking for a pair of all-black gloves with white lettering (like the Flyers/Stars/Kings use) and nothing currently offered really feels good. My current favorite pair of gloves to wear is the CCM 4RPro III because of how they hug your fingers and palm/backhand without sacrificing mobility and from what I read on the Warrior blog about the QX gloves, it seems like the Warriors will fit similarly? Is this true? If so I would be seriously considering picking up a pair.

Love those CCM Gloves. Awesome grip too. 

On 2/16/2017 at 9:40 AM, Miseaujeu said:

It might be overkill and be expensive, but who wants stinky gloves? right?

I do. That's how my wife knows I was playing hockey and not out with the boys. Haha JK, but I do know a guy whose wife used to smell his hands when he came home for the glove smell. 

10 minutes ago, HarpGuy said:

I do. That's how my wife knows I was playing hockey and not out with the boys. Haha JK, but I do know a guy whose wife used to smell his hands when he came home for the glove smell. 

3 hours ago, GQRDY said:

When will the colour charts be released for the Alpha glove?

I'll have a blog post coming out detailing the specs and features for each model in the line.