Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha QX Glove

The more and more I look at the Alpha QX I see that there is a new figure to this glove thats unique and  I believe  it is slimming to the hand of the user.

1 hour ago, Miseaujeu said:

Yes.

Very nice. Looking forward to trying these on (and maybe purchasing!)

What sort of custom options through my LHS are available? Can I request to have embroidery done directly from Warrior?

I wonder will the inner lining be like the QRL or will it be like the AX1. I also can probably think it might be something brand new for a liner.

12 hours ago, Dnk900 said:

I wonder will the inner lining be like the QRL or will it be like the AX1. I also can probably think it might be something brand new for a liner.

Looks like the same ol polygiene 

20 hours ago, Dnk900 said:

We still have Polygiene bath treatment on our WarTechFNC inner liner.  FNC stand for Fresh and Clean.  Which means the inner liner (yellow) will not absorb moisture, battling bacteria growth, therefore stay fresh.  I say "bath treatment" because Polygiene technology is immersed in the materials at the material supplier level, not at or after assembly.  It's not some spray treatment that can wipe/wash away after multiple uses.  It's part of the material that then gets sewn together.  That's why it works so well - no gaps.

The Polygiene bath treatment is also applied to the palm materials, stretch liner (more on that later), and outer glove covering material (Tufftek 2.0 - more on that later too).

Any material on the glove that could absorb moisture or harbor bacteria, is treated with Polygiene.  Our higher-end closed cell foams don't absorb moisture.

It might be overkill and be expensive, but who wants stinky gloves? right?

5 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

We still have Polygiene bath treatment on our WarTechFNC inner liner.  FNC stand for Fresh and Clean.  Which means the inner liner (yellow) will not absorb moisture, battling bacteria growth, therefore stay fresh.  I say "bath treatment" because Polygiene technology is immersed in the materials at the material supplier level, not at or after assembly.  It's not some spray treatment that can wipe/wash away after multiple uses.  It's part of the material that then gets sewn together.  That's why it works so well - no gaps.

The Polygiene bath treatment is also applied to the palm materials, stretch liner (more on that later), and outer glove covering material (Tufftek 2.0 - more on that later too).

Any material on the glove that could absorb moisture or harbor bacteria, is treated with Polygiene.  Our higher-end closed cell foams don't absorb moisture.

It might be overkill and be expensive, but who wants stinky gloves? right?

It will be worth it  all in the end. Overkill fixes the issues  and makes a layer of redudnacy if something goes wrong .

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, hawk11 said:

I can not wait for these new gloves.  I loved the franchise and liked the AX1, but find the QRL a little to tight for my liking. 

What I do like about the QRL is the flexing thumb.  Will the new Alpha QX have the flex thumb?

how does the axis flex thumb compare to bauers 3 piece flex lock? one thing I didn't like about the ax1 was how stiff the thumb felt

1 hour ago, Toby said:

how does the axis flex thumb compare to bauers 3 piece flex lock? one thing I didn't like about the ax1 was how stiff the thumb felt

Ax1 was stiff but it was versatile to be a blend of what you want  for stiffness .  

On February 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Toby said:

Our AxisFlex thumb on the current QRL is pretty mobile flex forward and has good lock strength when pulled back (to protect against hyperextension).  Next time you're at a store, try the QRL and Bauer and feel for your self - you should be surprised at the strength and flexibility.

I see pros like  Albadaker for the Red Wings  using the Alpha QX stick when will we see pros in the Alpha QX glove ? Will the people who are using the AX1 be migrated to the Alpha QX product or will they have the AX1 available for them? Also caught this Alpha QX stick from the Wings You Can Play Initiative  Auction and just thought you might find this interesting as you get it before the official stick release.

Albadaker's Alpha QX Stick (Warm up used)

Being a big warrior whore I'm excited and saddened at the same time. I want to know why the 4 roll line was done away with as opposed to producing 3 lines. 

Still I can't wait for the glove to come out. But as a big franchise guy they'd have to be incredible for me to not use my Franchises anymore (which I've repalmed 4 times over the years)

Super stoked to try these out! I've been waiting to see how the flex cuff will feel. It's an idea I've always loved since the Easton days. 

Will these be customizable as well?

19 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Huh?

Check out Warriors Channels on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram because they are giving away early access to the #AlphaQX glove.

23 hours ago, Dnk900 said:

Check out Warriors Channels on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram because they are giving away early access to the #AlphaQX glove.

The Winners have been chosen on all platforms.

On 2/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, nutters said:

Small look at Alpha protective

16906266_351738358555665_744780507319264

Looks as if the protective features sling wrap and something called smart cap.  Also the pants look new too.

It certainly looks like a very comprehensive protection system - no visible 'weak points' that I can see.  I'd be interested to see more about those elbow pads and how they relate on the cuff to the gloves.  Do the cuffs overlap the elbow pads?

Warrior gloves sure do look good though... 

On February 15, 2017 at 10:40 AM, GoalForFun said:

Very nice. Looking forward to trying these on (and maybe purchasing!)

What sort of custom options through my LHS are available? Can I request to have embroidery done directly from Warrior?

On February 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM, YukonLiving said:

Super stoked to try these out! I've been waiting to see how the flex cuff will feel. It's an idea I've always loved since the Easton days. 

Will these be customizable as well?

Custom team gloves will be available on the Alpha line.  Our team is building the options now and will have more info coming.

On February 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM, nutters said:

Small look at Alpha protective

16906266_351738358555665_744780507319264

Much more info coming on the protective line.  Might have to start another thread for that!  Whoa!

On February 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Imalwaysoffline said:

Being a big warrior whore I'm excited and saddened at the same time. I want to know why the 4 roll line was done away with as opposed to producing 3 lines. 

Still I can't wait for the glove to come out. But as a big franchise guy they'd have to be incredible for me to not use my Franchises anymore (which I've repalmed 4 times over the years)

Don't be sad.  The Franchise was the golden age for Warrior and we truly respect that glove and the "loyalists", I'm one of them.  Keep an open mind, I really think you're going to be surprised how we evolved our Franchise DNA into this amazing fitting, feeling and flexing glove.  The off-the-wall feel is really something special.

2 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

Don't be sad.  The Franchise was the golden age for Warrior and we truly respect that glove and the "loyalists", I'm one of them.  Keep an open mind, I really think you're going to be surprised how we evolved our Franchise DNA into this amazing fitting, feeling and flexing glove.  The off-the-wall feel is really something special.

Is there any chance you can elaborate on what changed, possibly material or construction wise, from the MIC to overseas glove production that has put so much emphasis on the 'butter soft feel'/'off-the-wall-feel' for the Alpha QX gloves?