Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marka

Gloves that stay on

Howdy,

So, played in my new QRL Pro gloves last night... If the fit stays like this after they're broken in, I'll have solved my problem.  :-)

Compared to my broken in Supreme One.8 gloves, the portion across my palm fits _much_ more snugly in the QRL Pros (both 14" btw).  The wrist area on the QRL Pros is also tighter.

I can certainly see how this would annoy someone... It was tight enough that when I'd take a glove off to wipe sweat away or whatever, I'd have to use my other hand to pull the glove back on from the cuff, vs. just pushing my hand into it like I can do with the One.8 gloves.  Of course, that's comparing well broken in gloves to a 1st skate in the QRL Pros, so we'll see how long it stays that way.  But its a trade off for sure.  This was particularly true after I started sweating some and the hand/glove got a bit wet.

On the positive side, I never once felt my lower hand glove shift around during play regardless of what I was doing with that hand.  That's enough of a win to me that needing to think a bit more putting the glove back on is totally worth it.

Thanks for the various recommendations here!  So far my first "reasonably high end full retail price" piece of hockey gear is turning out to be exactly what I wanted.  :-)

Mark

Glad it worked out for you! I still love mine. As they break in the cuff becomes a lot more mobile. They still stay firmly in place but are easier to put on and take off as well.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:34 AM, marka said:

Howdy,

So, played in my new QRL Pro gloves last night... If the fit stays like this after they're broken in, I'll have solved my problem.  :-)

Compared to my broken in Supreme One.8 gloves, the portion across my palm fits _much_ more snugly in the QRL Pros (both 14" btw).  The wrist area on the QRL Pros is also tighter.

I can certainly see how this would annoy someone... It was tight enough that when I'd take a glove off to wipe sweat away or whatever, I'd have to use my other hand to pull the glove back on from the cuff, vs. just pushing my hand into it like I can do with the One.8 gloves.  Of course, that's comparing well broken in gloves to a 1st skate in the QRL Pros, so we'll see how long it stays that way.  But its a trade off for sure.  This was particularly true after I started sweating some and the hand/glove got a bit wet.

On the positive side, I never once felt my lower hand glove shift around during play regardless of what I was doing with that hand.  That's enough of a win to me that needing to think a bit more putting the glove back on is totally worth it.

Thanks for the various recommendations here!  So far my first "reasonably high end full retail price" piece of hockey gear is turning out to be exactly what I wanted.  :-)

Mark

Mark, See my review on the QRL Pro's in the review section. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much you're going to like these after a few skates in them. They'll break in nicely and should be a little easier to get on and off, but still keep that tight fit that you're looking for. For the price, I think they are one of the best gloves you can get this year.

For a pair of gloves that stay on I highly recommend Alexei Emelin or Maxime Lapierre Pro Stock.