Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

Tuuk LS Fushion Radius change

I have a pair of Bauer Nexus 8000 with Tuuk LS Fusion 9' stock radius. I'm transitioning from Reebok and the 11' radius on them and am having a tough time getting used to the Fusion. Is it worth it to get a custom radius put onto these blades or buy new blades? ie. will there be much steel left when the radius has been changed.  

I do not see how this would take more than 1/16 off, but this will cost probably close to price of new steel (if there are any choices for these holders in 11' radius). 

I've had many pairs of Bauer skates sharpened with a custom radius - all of them had plenty of steel left afterwards.  If that's the radius you're comfortable with, I'd go for it.

Yah, I'd  get custom radius on the TUUK's. For basically the same price, you can get a custom fit. But, if you want to get new blades, get the BAUER BlackEdge Lightspeed black steel runners. They're absolutely awesome! (You can transition much easier to black steel, it's sleek and great sharpening ability is much better than regular steel.) 

Reebok skates came with a 10' stock radius, not 11'.  I'd suggest grabbing some LS3 steel which is 10' stock.

21 hours ago, Michael Twomey said:

Yah, I'd  get custom radius on the TUUK's. For basically the same price, you can get a custom fit. But, if you want to get new blades, get the BAUER BlackEdge Lightspeed black steel runners. They're absolutely awesome! (You can transition much easier to black steel, it's sleek and great sharpening ability is much better than regular steel.) 

Not if he has edge holders.