Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A2rhino

Bauer/Easton Stealth?

Will Bauer be making the Stealth available to retail as well as Pro? Or will they be killing the line all together?

Would have been nice to see some kinda of Easton variant stick be made by Bauer but it seems like that acquisition was just to eliminate competition I assume. Then again, I guess they don't really need it either. 

58 minutes ago, A2rhino said:

Either way I think it sucks that they let such an innovative design be thrown away. 

They most likely want to push their own innovation/not wanting to admit another company had superior tech that replaces theirs. 

13 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I think they also wanted Easton's manufacturing in Mexico.

They took the tooling with them and sent it to China.   Didn't get the facility.

10 hours ago, nutters said:

They most likely want to push their own innovation/not wanting to admit another company had superior tech that replaces theirs. 

There is Easton technology in the new Supreme stick line.  It's just at the lower end of the line.

I see Bauer as the company that could take the elliptical technology and perfect it. Would love to see a Vapor 1E. 

11 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

There is Easton technology in the new Supreme stick line.  It's just at the lower end of the line.

Ah, just putting them in there place.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it's the elliptical taper. 

On 3/28/2017 at 5:22 PM, goalieman39 said:

I was told that "There is no interest in the Easton name" last time I went to a conference. So probably not anytime soon

that sucks since they were the guys advanced the development of hockey sticks from wood > aluminum > composites to the masses. 

Will forever love the elliptical  taper sticks

To be technically correct, Christian was first on the scene with aluminum shafts. If I recall correctly, Easton was hired as OEM and then decided to produce aluminum shafts under their own name.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, chippa13 said:

I think they also wanted Easton's manufacturing in Mexico.

Wasn't that completely dismantled and parts of it moved to China?

Edit-  JR answered this already.