Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miseaujeu

Alpha QX Protective (Shoulder Pads, Shinguards, Elbow Pads)

On April 12, 2017 at 3:53 PM, chocks86 said:

Well, unfortunately I will have to wait until the May 5th opening of the Monkey Sports store in Allen, TX to try any of the Alpha line on, because I was told by a manager at Hockey Giant in Plano that they don't plan on stocking any of it in store as they don't deem it popular enough to do so. I also don't like ordering stuff online if at all possible because return shipping for hockey gear can get quite expensive.  

That's too bad.  HM should have the product displayed nicely in their huge TX location.

On April 19, 2017 at 9:20 AM, enis750 said:

I have purchased probably 5-6 different pairs of elbows to replace my AX1's (including a pro stock 7k pair) and just can't

Ive had the velcro replaced twice, the middle strap and cleaned them like a dozen times! LOL!

Can anyone comment on the sizing? The AX1's fit a size big IMO, normally I'm a LG in most gear, but have MED in these 

thanks!

sizing will be similar to our HD line - with the exception of the INT sizing being folded into more traditional JR/SR sizing marking.

3 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

That's too bad.  HM should have the product displayed nicely in their huge TX location.

Yes sir. I can't wait. It will be wonderful to finally have multiple stores again. And I live right next to both of them so that's even better. 

On 4/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, stick9 said:

In terms of fit, how do the shin pads compare to other brands/lines, like say the RBZ?

Can anyone speak to this?

I'm looking to replace my RBKs and really don't like the new line. The hard plastic seems so silly to me. 

On April 21, 2017 at 9:55 PM, brianb said:

Can anyone speak to this?

I'm looking to replace my RBKs and really don't like the new line. The hard plastic seems so silly to me. 

I believe "Fit" certainly depends on "Feel" in the case you're describing.  I've found that our sizing is pretty good since the AX/HD line.  Generally inline with other big guys out there.

As far as feel, that's tough to describe since I don't have your legs :)

I prefer the QXPro - they are not as thick in the liner padding and I find its volume feels more like an old Jofa pair I used a long time ago.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, chocks86 said:

Well, unfortunately I will have to wait until the May 5th opening of the Monkey Sports store in Allen, TX to try any of the Alpha line on, because I was told by a manager at Hockey Giant in Plano that they don't plan on stocking any of it in store as they don't deem it popular enough to do so. I also don't like ordering stuff online if at all possible because return shipping for hockey gear can get quite expensive.  

I was at Hockey Giant in Plano yesterday and they had the Alpha shoulders, elbows, and shins in misc sizes/lines.

They were unboxing a couple of cases of Alpha gloves in varying sizes/lines as well so I would imagine they should be pretty well stocked by the end of next week.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:30 PM, sundinleafs137 said:

I was at Hockey Giant in Plano yesterday and they had the Alpha shoulders, elbows, and shins in misc sizes/lines.

They were unboxing a couple of cases of Alpha gloves in varying sizes/lines as well so I would imagine they should be pretty well stocked by the end of next week.

Well, that's odd... I mean I am happy that they have the Alpha line stocked now but the manager told me that they would not because Warrior protective equipment was not popular enough. Maybe they had multiple people ask about it and changed their mind. 

15 minutes ago, chocks86 said:

Well, that's odd... I mean I am happy that they have the Alpha line stocked now but the manager told me that they would not because Warrior protective equipment was not popular enough. Maybe they had multiple people ask about it and changed their mind. 

Maybe the manager needs to follow us on social media.  We're pretty popular. :laugh:

Just now, Miseaujeu said:

Maybe the manager needs to follow us on social media.  We're pretty popular. :laugh:

Lol, QFT.

So why don't the Alpha QX shin guards have removable liners? Does it have to do with fit?

What are the differences between these and the HD1 and HP Pro shin guards?

On 5/2/2017 at 9:11 AM, chocks86 said:

All of our stores get the same product. 

9 hours ago, 218hockey said:

So why don't the Alpha QX shin guards have removable liners? Does it have to do with fit?

What are the differences between these and the HD1 and HP Pro shin guards?

On the Alpha QX (top model) the liners ARE removable.

The major differences between the QX and HD1 shins are lighter weight, improved ventilation and the addition of VPS in the calf wrap.