Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psyx

Where to get cheaper dry fit hockey socks in Canada

55 minutes ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

But, but, but, but... THEY ARE INEXPENSIVE!

So are pro stock if you know where to find them, I just paid $25cdn for 2 pairs of BNIB Penguins socks.

Howdy,

23 minutes ago, Gswift said:

So are pro stock if you know where to find them, I just paid $25cdn for 2 pairs of BNIB Penguins socks.

That's pretty good.

I got some pro stock penquins socks from someone here (I think it was?  Maybe it was ebay).

My only issue is that they don't have velcro.  I like using the velcro tabs to hold up socks, so that made it a PITA, since I ended up sewing velcro tabs in myself.  They're for sure thicker than any of the other socks I have as well.

Similarly, the Reebok retail socks only have velcro on the front, which I don't like either.

The Bauer socks from Winterfest this past year have velcro front & back, plus fit well.  Cost no object, I like those the best over the Tron socks I have, solely because the fit is slightly better for me (a bit longer/looser than the 30" Tron SK200 socks).  Durability wise they seem very similar to the SK200 socks.. With roughly equal time on them, they both have a couple cuts.  Me being me though, cost will be an object and I'll be more than happy with the Tron socks.  Baller guys might not agree.  :-)

Mark

Honestly I've never had an issue with the Velcro on my jock shorts not holding up the pro stock socks. And the more you do it and the rougher the inside of the sock gets in that area the better it sticks. 

Hell for that matter, the reebok retail socks are too tall for the Velcro on the socks to even match up with the Velcro on my shorts anyway. 

On 4/4/2017 at 10:57 AM, Gswift said:

Sorry, my comment was dripping with sarcasm. It doesn't translate too well on a message board. 

All I have are pro-EDGE socks. I really cannot stand anything else.

The few teams here that have ordered Tron socks have had them disintegrate within a few months and are basically all wearing something else now (and the ones that aren't have huge tears in them). But I can't say which team version they are besides that they had NHL designs on them.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:57 AM, Gswift said:

Haha you got those from me!