Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LowStoneWall32

Save percentage and stats talk

I'm curious to see how stats change according to how long you've played and what level you play at. What are your stats, at what level and how long have you played? 

I play on a varsity team right now and I've been playing hockey for a year now. My save % is really bad at 79.3%, but it isn't uncommon for me to see 40 shots a game. is that an average stat for someone playing for a year?

Not bad, not great. Trying to make the GAA go down as I continue playing, which is unfortunately not in their table. 

POje9MC.png 

On my daughter's Varsity team the goalie is a 2nd year goalie. She is an exceptional athlete whose passion is as a skater but she's in net because nobody else will do it. This year she ran right at 92% saves. There were 2 games where she faced over 75 shots each game but on average she faced 40-45.

The JV goalie runs about 80% saves, is a 3rd year goalie, and sees about35-40 shots/game.

That said, I suggest you don't spend a lot of energy comparing your stats to others. Instead, I suggest comparing yourself to where you were last game or last month or whatever and find (and celebrate) the improvements you have made.