Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Be safe. This wasn't the best time to move back to Florida with Dorian barreling down on you. Be well, be safe. And best wishes for your mother. That's serious stuff. We'll be thinking of you guys in here in Peoria. 

Andy in Peoria

Howdy,

Glad you guys were able to move down there to spend time with your mom.  Hoping things go as well as they can for you and her!

And yeah, watch out for stray hurricanes.  🙂

Mark

On 9/1/2019 at 8:36 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Some of you know, most of you don't, but we've moved back to Florida.  We got here on Friday.

The Friday after SummerJam, we found out that my mom had tumors on her spine and lungs.  It turns out she has Stage 4 small cell lung cancer.  

She started chemo a couple of weeks ago, so they're hoping she responds well to it.  

We were very fortunate to be able to get everything to line up well; we have friends who are going to be renting our house.  Kinda weird going from a house to my old bedroom, but I need to get whatever time I can with my mom while I still can.

I was able to bring up all of the machinery for the Pro Shop (but wasn't able to bring any of my hockey equipment) as we loaded up both cars.  We'll come back for the rest of the other stuff at some point. I have to clean up the garage to set it up for the Prosharp, so the Project will be on hold for a little bit.  I can probably start sharpening skates in a couple of days.

Hope your mom is doing well.

• Like 1

JR, I didn’t realize this was currently going on. My sincerest best wishes to your wife and mother. Small-Cell Lung Cancer is a tough one, but she’ll get through it! I know I don’t frequent these boards anymore (Hockey is non-existent in MS), but if you need anything, feel free to drop me a message.

-Chris

Chris -

Thank you for the kind words.

Where we're at right now is she had a tumor that was sitting on her spine that was way too close to her spinal cord.  She underwent surgery a couple of weeks ago (two days before I went to Detroit for Winterfest) and the surgery was a success...but...the doctor said her spine is full of tumors and that unfortunately it's just a matter of time, and to cherish the time we have left.

She's been requiring a lot of assistance since, and I apologize to those who have had sharpenings and profiles delayed, as well as general management of the site.

JR, I havent been back here for some time as I've had to unofficially hang up my skates last year. 

Sorry to hear about whats going on, and no one will know what is going through your mind. I hope and pray that you continue to keep strong and be there for your family.

Kev in Brisbane.

• Like 1