Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbatafuco

Warrior glove customizer now live

On April 5, 2017 at 11:16 PM, jbatafuco said:

@Miseaujeu when do you anticipate these being available on the customizer?

No timeline to report right now - it's in process.

Also, so as to prepare the masses, our customizer is taking on a different utility.  More info on that when we get closer to launch - and please don't let this moment of candor highjack the thread.

The Alpha's are now on the Warrior customizer. I noticed that all the fingers are 2-piece. I can't make out if the customizer is for the QX3 model?

17 minutes ago, Roach said:

The Alpha's are now on the Warrior customizer. I noticed that all the fingers are 2-piece. I can't make out if the customizer is for the QX3 model?

They are also look like 3 rolls.

14 hours ago, Roach said:

New Alpha and Covert "Team" gloves are up and ready to customize.

http://www.warrior.com/CustomHockeyGloves

Our new customizer offering is more in-line with team spec gloves requests we've been receiving.  In many cases, the team business requires specific pricing and protection packages that regular retail designs don't fit nicely with.  So we developed a new line of gloves built specifically to those requests and needs.  Product similarities are now listed on the site and it will give you a good idea of what retail gloves these new team offerings best mimic.

1 hour ago, Miseaujeu said:

New Alpha and Covert "Team" gloves are up and ready to customize.

http://www.warrior.com/CustomHockeyGloves

Our new customizer offering is more in-line with team spec gloves requests we've been receiving.  In many cases, the team business requires specific pricing and protection packages that regular retail designs don't fit nicely with.  So we developed a new line of gloves built specifically to those requests and needs.  Product similarities are now listed on the site and it will give you a good idea of what retail gloves these new team offerings best mimic.

PM'd you about the customizer.

23 minutes ago, Stewie said:

so no more top end on the customizer =( I knew I shouldn't have hesitated.

Same :sad: I'd been waiting to get my hands into the QX to decide if I was going custom QRL or custom QX. Crap.

1 hour ago, tcraig said:

Same :sad: I'd been waiting to get my hands into the QX to decide if I was going custom QRL or custom QX. Crap.

same decision here. now I get neither lol. would be still ok if they had a mesh gusset option but as of now, back to the drawing board.

Oh man, I knew I needed to stop hemming and hawing over the QRL's I was designing and order them. @Miseaujeu, this is such a bad move, why bother going custom if it you can't get the options you want (especially the mesh gussets and covert mesh!). I hope they realize what a huge mistake this is and go back to the previous custom options.

10 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Question about the customizer; for the team logo, is it printed on or embroidered?

Might be a better option to start a new thread for customizer related issues.

Taps Mic...clears throat...

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Ok - let's talk Customizer.

Thanks for creating a separate thread just on the customizer!

For the Team Logo, will this also be embroidered?

Can there be special requests i.e. additional padding on the top of the 4 rolls?

For the guys complaining- I imagine Warrior is trying to maintain the customizer for the nerds like us, while also keeping it scalable/cost-conscious. The one-off requests on gussets/cuff types etc require additional materials/production steps which bring the viability of the entire program into question from a business standpoint.

Does it suck? Absolutely- my custom MIC narrow franchises with the works from 2007 are the best glove I've ever put on, but the new reality/mentality of the industry as I see it from the outside is one of streamlining and positioning yourself for survival.

To be fair- offering it at this level still puts them ahead of the competition as Bauer and CCM only do team orders IIRC. 

55 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

Taps Mic...clears throat...

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Ok - let's talk Customizer.

The great disturbance in the force was the closing of the MIC factory. However we're lucky the story about the Force, the Jedi...Its true. All of it.

And it still lives on, the wait is just a little bit longer than you'd like. Patience you must have my young Padawan.

(And Quebec might as well be in the Dagobah system)

38 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

For the guys complaining- I imagine Warrior is trying to maintain the customizer for the nerds like us, while also keeping it scalable/cost-conscious. The one-off requests on gussets/cuff types etc require additional materials/production steps which bring the viability of the entire program into question from a business standpoint.

Does it suck? Absolutely- my custom MIC narrow franchises with the works from 2007 are the best glove I've ever put on, but the new reality/mentality of the industry as I see it from the outside is one of streamlining and positioning yourself for survival.

To be fair- offering it at this level still puts them ahead of the competition as Bauer and CCM only do team orders IIRC. 

This is the "best man" speech of this wedding of a thread.  Cavs hits the points.

Processing/selling one glove with "pro level" customization is not sustainable as a business model.  The harsh realities of the hockey business mean we need to find a way to use this tool to service teams and the increasing pressures on price to get those teams.  

Offering product that was specifically designed for the custom business of teams, while trying to keep some of our competitive advantage on one-off custom glove builds was a tricky task.  The product development and product business teams did an amazing job of working to satisfy both sides with sacrifices along the way.

8 minutes ago, the_game said:

The great disturbance in the force was the closing of the MIC factory. However we're lucky the story about the Force, the Jedi...Its true. All of it.

And it still lives on, the wait is just a little bit longer than you'd like. Patience you must have my young Padawan.

(And Quebec might as well be in the Dagobah system)

Beautiful.  The MIA factory faded away like Yoda.

1 hour ago, Roach said:

Thanks for creating a separate thread just on the customizer!

For the Team Logo, will this also be embroidered?

Can there be special requests i.e. additional padding on the top of the 4 rolls?

Team logos will be embroidered on the "Pro" models.  

Team Name will be embroidered in the same position on the "Team" models.

18 minutes ago, shoeshine boy said:

which online retailers will be offering these? right now no one seems to have Warrior Customizer on their sites..... :(

Anyone who is a Warrior retailer should be able to place the order.  For example, I don't have a LHS super close-by (nearest is a Total Hockey around an hour away), so I sent Total Hockey an email with the spec sheet output from the customizer and they filled the order for me and the gloves delivered to my home.  That was a couple months ago with a pair of QRL3's for my wife, but I imagine the ordering process hasn't changed...