Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Swlabr11

Massive Blades

I've never tried them but was checking them out and comparing them to the Step Edge steel. The LHS owner said them sharpen well and are good quality steel but had less steel when I compared them directly to the Step's.  

I ended up getting the Step black steel for my Edge holders and couldn't be happier with them. 

• Like 3

I'm not seriously considering Massive. They are just a company I didn't know anything about that is showing up in my feed more often. 

The issue with Step is being in the states getting Step for the Edge holder is tough it seems unless you know people.

Hey team...topping an old thread here. Anyone have any feedback on Massive blades? 

I see them lumped in with Step and Tydan, but I can never tell if that’s just because it’s another aftermarket option, or because it’s a good aftermarket option on par with those two. 

On 4/18/2017 at 7:01 PM, Swlabr11 said:

Does anyone have any info on these? They keep popping up more often but there is little to no info I can find. 

Very high-quality steel and the best DLC coating on the market. Love their stuff. The downside is they are always delayed with shipping and their customer service has been poor. 

On 10/21/2018 at 1:13 AM, Nicholas G said:

Regular steel is very good. I prefer the TIN and DLC steel of their though. The downside is that the TIN steel is gold in color which some people might dislike. 

Bump.

Any more updates on these? It looks like Hockey Monkey has them in stock which surprised me. Lists them as 11' radius and 20mm high. A brand new Step V-Steel measures 21mm so almost the same.

Also, is the TIN and DLC the same as far as honing? You have to be careful with a stone or use leather if you want to keep the finish?

On 10/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Very high-quality steel and the best DLC coating on the market. Love their stuff. The downside is they are always delayed with shipping and their customer service has been poor. 

Bumping this back up to the top.

After using these I do find their black blades to be great. Far superior to the LS5 blades (two pair😭) I made the mistake of purchasing. However, as SkateWorks stated over a year ago their business practices may not be the best.

Sooo, does anyone know where to purchase Massive online in the future? Has anyone ever had any success contacting them? HockeyMonkey, PureHockey, and IceWarehouse have all carried Massive and all appear to be dropping the product. Probably not a good sign, eh?

HOLDER – COAT – SIZE – HEIGHT/ RADIUS

HOLDER:

B1 – baue* skater old
B2 – baue* skater new

BG13 – baue* goalie old 3㎜
BG14 – baue* goalie old 4㎜
BG23 – baue* goalie new 3㎜

C1 – c*m skater old
C2 – c*m skater new

CG14 – c*m goalie old 4㎜
CG24 – c*m goalie new 4㎜

SU13 – sled 3㎜
SU14 – sled 4㎜

COAT:

01 – CLASSIC
04 – TiN
09 – DLC²

Are the codes from their site, I'm not in the market for new blades, but if I was I would contact them through FB (https://www.facebook.com/massiveblade) and tell them explicitly what I want, and order directly. Apparently a company based in Korea, using vacuum forging. They seem to have some deals/contracts with teams in the CHL and Korea, so I wouldn't say that they are disappearing just yet. But if I was in NA, I'd look elsewhere as I don't think it's worth the effort when there are similar options.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, 218hockey said:

Bumping this back up to the top.

After using these I do find their black blades to be great. Far superior to the LS5 blades (two pair😭) I made the mistake of purchasing. However, as SkateWorks stated over a year ago their business practices may not be the best.

Sooo, does anyone know where to purchase Massive online in the future? Has anyone ever had any success contacting them? HockeyMonkey, PureHockey, and IceWarehouse have all carried Massive and all appear to be dropping the product. Probably not a good sign, eh?

We still have Massive in stock but most Bauer skate users have always demanded STEP so we stopped ordering it as thats roughly 75% of our steel sales. Now with STEP essentially out of the picture we are seeing many customers being more open to Flare, Massive, Tydan, Byonic and BladeTech. 

Personally I would consider Flare if you are looking at getting new steel. Once you use Flare its nearly impossible to go back to traditional steel.  Plus they have a satisfaction guarantee.

https://flareskateblade.com/

https://www.instagram.com/flareskateblade/?hl=en