Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WingerRK

Mid-Price/Reduced Price Stick to Buy

Hi, so a little bit of background about me to help because I want to find a stick that is $110 or lower and can include previous high price sticks that have since been reduced:

-Play only 1-3 times a week

-Play at high school JVA/Varsity Level

-Play offense and defense but mostly defense

-I have an 80-90 MPH slapshot which I use often

-I also prefer a stick I can shoot the puck quickly with without reducing strength

-Need a durable stick that can last a while.

Any help is appreciated!

12 hours ago, WingerRK said:

Hi, so a little bit of background about me to help because I want to find a stick that is $110 or lower and can include previous high price sticks that have since been reduced:

-Play only 1-3 times a week

-Play at high school JVA/Varsity Level

-Play offense and defense but mostly defense

-I have an 80-90 MPH slapshot which I use often

-I also prefer a stick I can shoot the puck quickly with without reducing strength

-Need a durable stick that can last a while.

Any help is appreciated!

Conventional wisdom around here seems to be whatever True stick is available at your price range. Your best bet is probably the A4.5: http://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipment/hockey-sticks-shafts-blades/sticks-all-composite/hockey-sticks-senior/true-hockey-stick-4-5-sr.html

1 hour ago, WingerRK said:

Would anyone reccomend for me the True A2.2 SBP stick?  It caught my eye, wondering if anyone has some insight on it.true-hockey-stick-a2-2-sbp-sr.jpg

Not bad, and I like the aesthetic more than the a4.5, but probably not as good of a stick. What hand / preferred flex and curve are you? That would really help.

I picked up 3 ribcor 48ks at Sportchek this spring for $89 CAD,  I'm a fan of warrior widows/qr1s and wherwood eks and loving the first 48k so far.  Great bang for the buck.

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

Not bad, and I like the aesthetic more than the a4.5, but probably not as good of a stick. What hand / preferred flex and curve are you? That would really help.

Righty, preferred flex is 75/77 and curve is P92 Lie 5 or P28. I can go for the MC, TC4, and TC2-5

That price point will be tough. I'd say find something you like, that's easily obtainable and roll with that. Closeouts are great value but once they are gone your search starts all over again. Unless of course you want to buy more than one.