Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Warrior Alpha QX Stick

16 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Curious, is the Saber Taper similar or the same taper that we have been seeing on the PROSTOCK HOCKEY QR1 and QRL sticks?

It would be if it's an Alpha dressed as one of those. There's a diagram of the difference between the taper I believe in Warrior's site.

Pro Sticks are different in the way they are designed. It wouldn't necessarily have to be an Alpha stick dressed up to have the same taper. There has been talk of the pro stock QR1 and QRL sticks having a few different tapers. I know that mine do not have the retail taper. However looking at them the taper does look more like the Saber Taper.  

5 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Pro Sticks are different in the way they are designed. It wouldn't necessarily have to be an Alpha stick dressed up to have the same taper. There has been talk of the pro stock QR1 and QRL sticks having a few different tapers. I know that mine do not have the retail taper. However looking at them the taper does look more like the Saber Taper.  

It'll all depend on the build of the pro sticks - for example, the T3 builds are true one piece low-kick (dagger taper) sticks.  The T4 builds have a more "traditional" taper and are not as low-kick, but are not the same as the Sabre Taper.  The T8 build sticks are, from my understanding, the Alpha construction and would therefore have the Sabre Taper.

What build codes are yours? I have a T4QRL build stick that is definitely higher kick than a retail QRL (no Dagger Taper), but definitely shoots differently than my Alpha QX.   

I think Warrior did a great job with the cosmetics as usual. I can't wait to read the feedback and reviews from you  VIPs. I love the QRL I got a month ago and it'll be cool to know what direction my stick obsession will take me next. This stick seems like a very interesting option.

My QRL is a pro stock Kampfer and the code read as a QRL with a beefed up hosel. That may have cancelled the dagger taper out, I'm not sure but it definitely shoots like a low kick stick. Compared to my 2015 1X it fires much harder and I feel the release is a bit easier than the 1X.

• Like 1

Totally agree, fantastic job with the look and layout of the graphics. It's funny because they were always harped on for their over the top graphics, now they are probably the most understated.

Im not ready to go all in yet, but there is a lot to like. 

Went in to the Hockey Monkey in Irvine. The Alpha is a beauty. Wish they had demo sticks to shoot with, but that'll be a few more weeks. Definitely feels like the lightest on the market, and they have the price at 269, not 300, which was also a plus. Strongly considering getting myself a super early Christmas present :smile:

8 hours ago, crow93 said:

Went in to the Hockey Monkey in Irvine. The Alpha is a beauty. Wish they had demo sticks to shoot with, but that'll be a few more weeks. Definitely feels like the lightest on the market, and they have the price at 269, not 300, which was also a plus. Strongly considering getting myself a super early Christmas present :smile:

Is HM in Irvine the best store West of the Rockies, or what? I too am excited to give the Alpha a shot when they get one on the floor. I hope they put out an 85 flex in either W88/W28 or something reasonable (W03/K16/W71). 

Did you notice anything nice about the "ergo/ dogbone" contouring of the shaft? 

Edited by Cosmic

15 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Is HM in Irvine the best store West of the Rockies, or what? I too am excited to give the Alpha a shot when they get one on the floor. I hope they put out an 85 flex in either W88/W28 or something reasonable (W03/K16/W71). 

Did you notice anything nice about the "ergo/ dogbone" contouring of the shaft? 

It's wicked fun for sure. I couldn't really see it visually, but I could tell when I held it. The new grip is  incredible as well.

• Like 1

I found a QX4 sitting on the rack of a local Sportchek--or was it a QX5? Any way, It's definitely still got that Warrior stick feel in terms of flex and weight. Can't wait for my QX1 pre-order to come in.

18 hours ago, crow93 said:

It's wicked fun for sure. I couldn't really see it visually, but I could tell when I held it. The new grip is  incredible as well.

One of my favorite aspects of the stick.

• Like 2

On 26/06/2017 at 2:35 PM, Shane91 said:

I am looking at this stick just for the fact it comes in a 65 flex senior. Currently using 75 flex 1S intermediates because they are perfect height and are close to a decent flex. I figure cutting a 65 should put it in the 80-90 flex range which would be great for me. 

Off topic but is there a way to order either a higher flex intermediate stick or a lower flex (65) from any companies ? 

To follow up with a question before I order one. If I order a 65 and cut down will it play stiffer ? Or is it one of those sticks that has a free flex cut zone ( probably Fu*#ing that term  up ) looking for a stick to play 85 ish after cut even 75's are a tad stiff after cutting.  I have played with everything from 65 to 110 but have had few sticks be a true 85 ish once I cut. 

For reference I cut about 4 inches shorter than I want it and have contoured wood plugs (ala Marchand) that I use in every stick. Yes it's quirky but have been doing it forever. 

22 minutes ago, Shane91 said:

To follow up with a question before I order one. If I order a 65 and cut down will it play stiffer ? Or is it one of those sticks that has a free flex cut zone ( probably Fu*#ing that term  up ) looking for a stick to play 85 ish after cut even 75's are a tad stiff after cutting.  I have played with everything from 65 to 110 but have had few sticks be a true 85 ish once I cut. 

For reference I cut about 4 inches shorter than I want it and have contoured wood plugs (ala Marchand) that I use in every stick. Yes it's quirky but have been doing it forever. 

I'm not a stick expert, but the free flex zone thing IMHO is just a gimmick term. You shorten anything, it will get stiffer. It's simple physics. What doesn't change is the flex rating, because that's determined by the material the stick is made from and from measuring a 1 meter section of the stick, not the whole length of the stick.

You might want to check out this thread below. I found out how companies calculate flex rating and came up with a simple guideline formula that allows you to ballpark how stiff a stick will play once it's cut down. I find it works for me, but I'm a sample size of one. I'm not sure how well it will work for someone else. 

It doesn't take into account individual manufacturer's quirks, but I usually make that adjustment myself. I find that CCMs play the stiffest followed by Bauer, True, Warrior, in that order. Warrior playing about 10 flex whippier than CCMs. 

17 hours ago, Shane91 said:

It will feel stiffer, but that's because of leverage, as mentioned above. There is no 65 flex stick.

screen-shot-2017-05-03-at-11-00-15-am.pn

3 hours ago, crow93 said:

It will feel stiffer, but that's because of leverage, as mentioned above. There is no 65 flex stick.

screen-shot-2017-05-03-at-11-00-15-am.pn

Weird. I swear I read somewhere it was available in a senior 65 flex but it's not listed anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Shane91 said:

Weird. I swear I read somewhere it was available in a senior 65 flex but it's not listed anywhere. 

I wish they would, because of how close 50 to 55 and 70 to 75 are, even though there is a diameter change. But 65 would be a happy middle ground.

11 hours ago, Shane91 said:

8 hours ago, crow93 said:

I wish they would, because of how close 50 to 55 and 70 to 75 are, even though there is a diameter change. But 65 would be a happy middle ground.

I saw on KP's twitter feed that I believe Monkey ordered a run of 65 flex senior sticks for their preorders...but I'm not sure if that was a single run or something they were going to keep stocked. 

1 hour ago, tcraig said:

I saw on KP's twitter feed that I believe Monkey ordered a run of 65 flex senior sticks for their preorders...but I'm not sure if that was a single run or something they were going to keep stocked. 

Yes I believe it was Monkey . I thought everywhere would carry the 65 flex senior. I thought wrong. Well I'll stick with what I got for now then.

While searching for the Alpha QX stick here online in Finland I came across a weirdly named version of the stick - Alpha QX Team. So far the Warrior line has been consistent with the naming, QRL, QRL Pro, QRL3-5 etc., same with the QX. But clearly in the photo the stick is versioned a QXT (as in QX Team?).

9457945772062_1134513_W28_jpg.jpg

Does anyone have come across this same model? Or does anyone have any info on how this "QXT" aligns itself into the line, among the QX, QX Pro, QX3 etc. The pricing on this one is in line with the QX3 and a bit cheaper as the QX Pro.

Here is the link to the product (In Finnish):  https://xxl.fi/warrior-alpha-qx-team-75-17-sr-w03-aikuisten-jaakiekkomaila/p/1134513_1_style

They also have QXT-named gloves as well: https://xxl.fi/warrior-alpha-qxt-polygiene-17-aikuisten-jaakiekkohanskat/p/1134516_3_style

What is going on with Warrior and the QX stick?  they were first to be available 7/16 and then 7/28.  I pre-ordered a QX in the W03 curve which was to be available on 7/28.  Today I received a call from Pure Hockey that they would not have them for a week or two.  Some other web sites wont't have them until September.  To those that have them are they worth the wait?

16 minutes ago, jeffg said:

What is going on with Warrior and the QX stick?  they were first to be available 7/16 and then 7/28.  I pre-ordered a QX in the W03 curve which was to be available on 7/28.  Today I received a call from Pure Hockey that they would not have them for a week or two.  Some other web sites wont't have them until September.  To those that have them are they worth the wait?

The increase in demand has led to a few delays. However, I think JR mentioned that any store that receives them early can sell the sticks. Not sure what is happening with pre-orders, but I assume it's similar.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, tcraig said:

It'll all depend on the build of the pro sticks - for example, the T3 builds are true one piece low-kick (dagger taper) sticks.  The T4 builds have a more "traditional" taper and are not as low-kick, but are not the same as the Sabre Taper.  The T8 build sticks are, from my understanding, the Alpha construction and would therefore have the Sabre Taper.

What build codes are yours? I have a T4QRL build stick that is definitely higher kick than a retail QRL (no Dagger Taper), but definitely shoots differently than my Alpha QX.   

My stick reads QRN only. There is no marking of T anywhere.

On 7/31/2017 at 6:27 AM, tvuollo said:

While searching for the Alpha QX stick here online in Finland I came across a weirdly named version of the stick - Alpha QX Team. So far the Warrior line has been consistent with the naming, QRL, QRL Pro, QRL3-5 etc., same with the QX. But clearly in the photo the stick is versioned a QXT (as in QX Team?).

9457945772062_1134513_W28_jpg.jpg

Does anyone have come across this same model? Or does anyone have any info on how this "QXT" aligns itself into the line, among the QX, QX Pro, QX3 etc. The pricing on this one is in line with the QX3 and a bit cheaper as the QX Pro.

Here is the link to the product (In Finnish):  https://xxl.fi/warrior-alpha-qx-team-75-17-sr-w03-aikuisten-jaakiekkomaila/p/1134513_1_style

They also have QXT-named gloves as well: https://xxl.fi/warrior-alpha-qxt-polygiene-17-aikuisten-jaakiekkohanskat/p/1134516_3_style

I found this stick in the states as well. Was wondering if anyone had anymore info on it?

here's the link: https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/sticks/293248-warrior-new-alpha-qxt

The Alpha QXT is a Alpha Quick Strike tech stick built specifically for team sales.  Mostly for the Junior (A, B, C) team market looking for performance with value and to stay on budgets.  Similar to the QX3 construction, but at a special offering price to team equipment managers.

• Like 1