Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Warrior Alpha QX Stick

12 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Im not sure what you do for Warrior, rep or not but I’m assuming that you’re assuming that I’m just spewing this out without knowing professional hockey players personally that I collect my information from direct conversations without naming names. I know that one of the reasons Warrior is popular in the pro world is that you guys have an insane amount of custom options and that’s a bonus but not enough to bring big names over for “zero” incentive. Professional hockey is a business and it’s cut throat. Guys making 7 mil year aren’t showing up to shoots and splashing their name all around your marketing for nothing. 

Just adding some insight from the inside.

Yes, we do pay players we use for marketing. 

I agree, it's a business - but I just wanted to state that we don't pay every player and the reasons why those players use our product.

12 hours ago, adam14 said:

I was told by a close friend that plays in the NHL that when he was sampling different sticks he was almost overwhelmed by the amount of custom options that the warrior rep had available when they made him samples.

The options are there, just in case, for the players that need them.  Our reps are very good at working with players to determine their levels of customization.  Most players don't go to all that detail.

Edited by Miseaujeu

Before we return to topic, here's a nice blog piece written by our retail rep John (in Manitoba) about our pro rep that services the Winnipeg Jets, John Kirk.

It's a great story of how our recent growth in the NHL was a direct result of relationships, service and attention to detail.

https://warriorhockey.com/2017/11/20/more-warrior-in-the-nhl-than-ever-before/

Used the Alpha QX the second time after Winterfest tonight, not being hung over helped to get more out of it.

This is by far the best Warrior stick for me so far. I usually struggle with dagger taper sticks; I find them weird to shoot with my technique and they feel very stiff. The Alpha QX loads easier and feels softer and smoother, I feel I get that slingshot effect on shots. Yes, I’m one of those rare people who think the Alpha plays noticeably softer than Covert.

Balance is perfect and the blade isn’t too pingy. The only thing I wish was different is the shaft shape. I prefer more traditional, square and thick shaped shafts but the dog bone geometry is at least better than a round one. The grip is pretty good (although there’s no such thing as too much grip for me!) and based on the appearance after 3,5 hours of use the stick seems durable too.

Anyway - based on first impressions - great job with the Alpha QX, Warrior!

On 12/8/2017 at 6:09 PM, JSK81 said:

Used the Alpha QX the second time after Winterfest tonight, not being hung over helped to get more out of it.

This is by far the best Warrior stick for me so far. I usually struggle with dagger taper sticks; I find them weird to shoot with my technique and they feel very stiff. The Alpha QX loads easier and feels softer and smoother, I feel I get that slingshot effect on shots. Yes, I’m one of those rare people who think the Alpha plays noticeably softer than Covert.

Balance is perfect and the blade isn’t too pingy. The only thing I wish was different is the shaft shape. I prefer more traditional, square and thick shaped shafts but the dog bone geometry is at least better than a round one. The grip is pretty good (although there’s no such thing as too much grip for me!) and based on the appearance after 3,5 hours of use the stick seems durable too.

Anyway - based on first impressions - great job with the Alpha QX, Warrior!

Definitely looked like you were enjoying it at WF!

I received a QX as part of the VIP program. Unfortunately for me, soon after accepting, I sustained an injury, and eventually it shut me down for a few months. I feel really bad that I wasn’t going to be able to give good feedback on the stick during the program, but hope to make up  for that now. 

I enjoy the puck feel of the stick. Agree with Jukka, it’s not a pingy feel at all. What I like most about It is how I’m able to catch passes. It also feels substantial on poke checks, puck battles. 

Shot wise, I like the stick for slappers, but I think overall, the lower kickpoint of the QRL line is more complementary to my overall game, on offense that is. The QRL and EK15 by Sher-Wood are my two favorite shooting sticks.

In terms of the fit and finish, I tend to prefer more rounded shaft geometries over squared, this is all personal preference. 

all this said, I’ll be working with the stick more this upcoming week at sticks and pucks, and drop ins. I feel like it will develop to be a good stick for me to use on Defense, since I utilize different sticks for O and D. 

On 6/19/2017 at 7:21 PM, start_today said:

Not looking forward to this dystopian hellscape of everything being lowkick toe curves. 

I bought a W28 in a QXT, which is essentially a repainted QX3 offered to junior teams. 

It's a mid tier stick, but it's well balanced and doesn't feel clunky. I'd rank it right with the True 4.5, which I think is the gold standard for "bang for your buck" price point sticks. 

Still dialing in the curve, but I really like how the stick itself plays and feels. Easy to load and shoot. 

Despite the literature mostly saying "low kick," it doesn't feel like one, and l I usually don't do as well with those. My most recent sticks were both True lines, a Nexus, and a 190, and I didn't have to adapt my shooting style at all. 

Good job warrior!!

I actually decided to give the Alpha QX a shot. This time it wasn’t a handed down VIP stick that someone didn’t like. I grabbed a new T8 QX Pro Stock W28 which doesn’t seem to be as deep as my E28 CX or P28 Bauer’s. The stick actually feels really good. My go-to of the past was the 1N and after shooting back to back for a bit with my 17 1N and the QX I’m sticking with the QX. Easy loading, very light and well balanced. Didn’t give it enough of a chance but I also think that VIP stick may have been a factory reject.