Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lmooney19

What is the spray trainers use?

Anytime a guy gets hit in the hand or wrist area and goes to the bench, I always see trainers take an aerosol spray can and spray down the area.  Whats in the bottle?

https://www.e-firstaidsupplies.com/cold-spray.html#.WQoEBVXyvIU 

It'd be hard to tell what brand each team specifically uses, but most often it'll be a cold/freezing spray. Chemically, it's an aerosol of ethylchloride, which has a cooling effect when sprayed on.

In layman's terms, it'll keep a minor injury cold, in the similar vein as icing it down, but without having to walk back to the locker room and miss time during the game. 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

T9kahrt.jpg

:laugh:

If I remember Jamie McLennan's book, it's a sort of numbing / freezing agent. He ruptured the area between his thumb and index fingers on his glove hand - he had to get it sprayed during every stoppage in play.

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

If I remember Jamie McLennan's book, it's a sort of numbing / freezing agent. He ruptured the area between his thumb and index fingers on his glove hand - he had to get it sprayed during every stoppage in play.

noodles has a book? I need to look that up

15 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

noodles has a book? I need to look that up

It's called The Best Seat In The House. Not a long book but it is interesting to read.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/144342790X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493920206&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=the+best+seat+in+the+house+jamie+mclennan&dpPl=1&dpID=51LYNETrjyL&ref=plSrch

7 hours ago, bondoao1 said:

This is what we use at work, it works great when you smash your hand under a 1200 lbs isolation table... 

2325d.jpg

We are using the same product here.

You must have a tough hand.

On 5/3/2017 at 11:58 AM, lmooney19 said:

Anytime a guy gets hit in the hand or wrist area and goes to the bench, I always see trainers take an aerosol spray can and spray down the area.  Whats in the bottle?

Freeze zone . Numbs the area and brings down swelling.  Many times a shot of cortisone fallows.  

On 5/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, bondoao1 said:

This is what we use at work, it works great when you smash your hand under a 1200 lbs isolation table... 

I think you might be doing something wrong.  ;)