Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I've been wearing 97 for over a decade so McDavid was just a boy when I started using that number. I don't get chirped for it, but the guys on my team are old enough to associate it with someone like Jeremy Roenick rather than McDavid. If you're a teenager playing minor hockey then you may get chirped for it, but I think it's still OK for men's league at this point. McDavid is a great player, but he's not a legend like 99 or 66 at this point. I don't really think 87 or 88 are off limits...although you'd probably take a bit of heat for 87 since Crosby has been a top player for a while now.

I don't know why you took Phil "The Thrill" Kessel's number in the first place...

But seriously, any number is fine. Just go with what you like. I try to pick a new one every so often, just for fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I don't know why you took Phil "The Thrill" Kessel's number in the first place...

But seriously, any number is fine. Just go with what you like. I try to pick a new one every so often, just for fun.

I loved Phil threw when they'd say he's "uncoachable" the jokes made me love Phil 😂😂

If you like Kessel maybe you could ask for hot dog emoji sewn to the back of your jersey......better yet wear #11 and tell people it's two hot dogs in honor of Phil. :wink:

Call it the dual dog.....heck of a nick name.

• Like 2

We had a guy in our league who wears 7...I mean he wears 7 ALL THE TIME...every year. Fine, guys have favorite numbers. I like 11. This guys connection to 7 is a little beyond 'like'. Midway through the season, they will make trades if one team is running away with it, to keep it competitive. So, #7 gets traded to a team who already had a 7. He offered money to the guy to change numbers. Other #7 was a first year guy and was comfortable, wanted to keep his number 7...so he said no. Obsessed #7 QUIT THE LEAGUE, rather than play without his beloved #7.

His original team had little #7 patches sewn onto the shoulder of their jerseys. haha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

We had a guy in our league who wears 7...I mean he wears 7 ALL THE TIME...every year. Fine, guys have favorite numbers. I like 11. This guys connection to 7 is a little beyond 'like'. Midway through the season, they will make trades if one team is running away with it, to keep it competitive. So, #7 gets traded to a team who already had a 7. He offered money to the guy to change numbers. Other #7 was a first year guy and was comfortable, wanted to keep his number 7...so he said no. Obsessed #7 QUIT THE LEAGUE, rather than play without his beloved #7.

His original team had little #7 patches sewn onto the shoulder of their jerseys. haha.

That's amazing.

I typically wear 11 when I can, because it was Shawn Burr's number. on occasions where its taken, I typically just randomly select a number from a pool of about 5 that I have worn before.

Usually 11 because that's what my dad wore, or 13 because that's what I used to wear in my baseball playing days. Everyone said it was unlucky so I used to wear it to show it wasn't ;)

In goal I wear 29, for Felix Potvin. 

I've been wearing #88 for a couple of years now for my one team. I haven't been chirped yet. Or at least I haven't heard anyone chirp me. Maybe because I'm just that swell of a guy ha:dry:? For what its worth, I do wear #94 for my other team...

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

14 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've been wearing #88 for a couple of years now for my one team. I haven't been chirped yet. Or at least I haven't heard anyone chirp me. Maybe because I'm just that swell of a guy ha:dry:? For what its worth, I do wear #94 for my other team...

I don't think Kane is on the same level as 99 or 66 so I'm sure you're fine. 

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't think Kane is on the same level as 99 or 66 so I'm sure you're fine. 

I picked the number because of my birth year and Big E. As a Flyers fan, Patty K is somewhat of a sore spot ha.

22 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I picked the number because of my birth year and Big E. As a Flyers fan, Patty K is somewhat of a sore spot ha.

Haha I figured you meant Lindros, but I couldn’t help but troll ;)

Though at the same time, if Kane can wear 88 without anyone complaining then I’m pretty sure Lindros isn’t in THAT category so you’re probably fine!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 8:36 PM, teamohiogocincyswords6111 said:

I need a new number from 81 (as it is taken) this season. I know numbers like 87,99,88 and 66 are off limits (you'll get chirped 24/7). Do you think 97 would fall in the same category?

Anything from 2 to 44 unless your goalie has a high 20s/low 30's already taken. It's not rocket science.

• Facepalm 1