Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

I've been wearing 97 for over a decade so McDavid was just a boy when I started using that number. I don't get chirped for it, but the guys on my team are old enough to associate it with someone like Jeremy Roenick rather than McDavid. If you're a teenager playing minor hockey then you may get chirped for it, but I think it's still OK for men's league at this point. McDavid is a great player, but he's not a legend like 99 or 66 at this point. I don't really think 87 or 88 are off limits...although you'd probably take a bit of heat for 87 since Crosby has been a top player for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why you took Phil "The Thrill" Kessel's number in the first place...

But seriously, any number is fine. Just go with what you like. I try to pick a new one every so often, just for fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I don't know why you took Phil "The Thrill" Kessel's number in the first place...

But seriously, any number is fine. Just go with what you like. I try to pick a new one every so often, just for fun.

I loved Phil threw when they'd say he's "uncoachable" the jokes made me love Phil 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like Kessel maybe you could ask for hot dog emoji sewn to the back of your jersey......better yet wear #11 and tell people it's two hot dogs in honor of Phil. :wink:

Call it the dual dog.....heck of a nick name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a guy in our league who wears 7...I mean he wears 7 ALL THE TIME...every year. Fine, guys have favorite numbers. I like 11. This guys connection to 7 is a little beyond 'like'. Midway through the season, they will make trades if one team is running away with it, to keep it competitive. So, #7 gets traded to a team who already had a 7. He offered money to the guy to change numbers. Other #7 was a first year guy and was comfortable, wanted to keep his number 7...so he said no. Obsessed #7 QUIT THE LEAGUE, rather than play without his beloved #7.

His original team had little #7 patches sewn onto the shoulder of their jerseys. haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

We had a guy in our league who wears 7...I mean he wears 7 ALL THE TIME...every year. Fine, guys have favorite numbers. I like 11. This guys connection to 7 is a little beyond 'like'. Midway through the season, they will make trades if one team is running away with it, to keep it competitive. So, #7 gets traded to a team who already had a 7. He offered money to the guy to change numbers. Other #7 was a first year guy and was comfortable, wanted to keep his number 7...so he said no. Obsessed #7 QUIT THE LEAGUE, rather than play without his beloved #7.

His original team had little #7 patches sewn onto the shoulder of their jerseys. haha.

That's amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically wear 11 when I can, because it was Shawn Burr's number. on occasions where its taken, I typically just randomly select a number from a pool of about 5 that I have worn before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually 11 because that's what my dad wore, or 13 because that's what I used to wear in my baseball playing days. Everyone said it was unlucky so I used to wear it to show it wasn't ;)

In goal I wear 29, for Felix Potvin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wearing #88 for a couple of years now for my one team. I haven't been chirped yet. Or at least I haven't heard anyone chirp me. Maybe because I'm just that swell of a guy ha:dry:? For what its worth, I do wear #94 for my other team...

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've been wearing #88 for a couple of years now for my one team. I haven't been chirped yet. Or at least I haven't heard anyone chirp me. Maybe because I'm just that swell of a guy ha:dry:? For what its worth, I do wear #94 for my other team...

I don't think Kane is on the same level as 99 or 66 so I'm sure you're fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't think Kane is on the same level as 99 or 66 so I'm sure you're fine. 

I picked the number because of my birth year and Big E. As a Flyers fan, Patty K is somewhat of a sore spot ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I picked the number because of my birth year and Big E. As a Flyers fan, Patty K is somewhat of a sore spot ha.

Haha I figured you meant Lindros, but I couldn’t help but troll ;)

Though at the same time, if Kane can wear 88 without anyone complaining then I’m pretty sure Lindros isn’t in THAT category so you’re probably fine!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My birth year is 66 so when I go with a high number I try to get 81 which equals 5/10/66 added together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 8:36 PM, teamohiogocincyswords6111 said:

I need a new number from 81 (as it is taken) this season. I know numbers like 87,99,88 and 66 are off limits (you'll get chirped 24/7). Do you think 97 would fall in the same category?

Anything from 2 to 44 unless your goalie has a high 20s/low 30's already taken. It's not rocket science.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×