Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamohiogocincyswords6111

Bauer HDO visor + ccm helmet

Hello!, I was looking into putting the Bauer hdo visor in my ccm resistance I've seen OHL players do it dispite it saying it's not compatible with the ccm helments it would be the three point version where it connect at all 3 points on the helmet. Any one know if it's compatible with the ccm resistance?

On 5/11/2017 at 9:59 AM, teamohiogocincyswords6111 said:

Hello!, I was looking into putting the Bauer hdo visor in my ccm resistance I've seen OHL players do it dispite it saying it's not compatible with the ccm helments it would be the three point version where it connect at all 3 points on the helmet. Any one know if it's compatible with the ccm resistance?

Which HDO visor are you looking to attach to the CCM helmet? Are you talking about the HDO Deluxe? 

Theres probably some additional modifications and or hardware o make the visor fit the helmet if you want ot go the HDO delux route. 

The other alternative is to look at using a visor with connection points on the sides only. I do admit the HDO deluxe is attractive in that the lenses are replaceable. 

If replaceable lenses are the goal then the HDO Pro Clip would probably be a better route to take than the deluxe: https://www.bauer.com/player-ice-hockey-helmets-and-facial/visors/hdo-pro-clip-straight-visor

In most stores in my area the deluxe isn't even carried anymore, but you can easily find both the visor and the lenses for the HDO Pro Clip. The other option is the new CCM revision visor with replaceable lenses - it's not as widely available as the HDO Pro Clip yet, but definitely easier to find than the old Deluxe.

I know the Canadian junior teams and most junior hockey refs used to use the 3 point deluxe visors, but have switched over to the HDO Pro clip in the last few years.