Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

League Acronym Use

Am I able/allowed to reference sport league acronyms (and full names) on my web site? I know that I cannot use team names/logos, but can I do something like:

How would you like to theme your jacket? Choose your color theme:

NHL, NFL, MLB, etc.

I'm pretty sure you can say the league names (acronym or full name) without permission of copyright infringement, and use cities instead of team nicknames. If you really, really want to be save you can just say "Professional Hockey-Toronto" to describe your merch.,

30 minutes ago, RadioGaGa said:

I'm pretty sure you can say the league names (acronym or full name) without permission of copyright infringement, and use cities instead of team nicknames. If you really, really want to be save you can just say "Professional Hockey-Toronto" to describe your merch.,

I would have thought so as well, but am hearing conflicting views. Hoping someone knows a patent attorney. I don't really want to use the "Pro Hockey League" if possible.