Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

IIHF Worlds 2017

If anyone watches it, Canada is in the final for the third straight year after their win against Russia earlier today. Russians led 2:0 at the begining of 3rd, but Canada always comeback. It ended 2:4 with an emptynetter. They will play either Finland or Sweden in the gold medal match in a couple of days. Sweden vs Finland is on now, Sweden leads 2:1 in second. You can stream it live for free on NBC Sports (I use roku for this).

Sweden have prevailed over Finland and is playing  against Canada in the gold/silver match (currently live but scoreless)

Finland vs Russia match from this morning have sent Fins back home empty handed. So Russian team, once again will have to do with Bronze.

This is truly a historic moment and an awesome game. Sweden went with 1:0 lead into 3rd, but Canada was able to close the gap within minutes. 3rd ended 1:1 with over 40 shots on goal by either team. Both had great opportunities in the OT, but it ended up dry. Shut out was to determine who gets the goal and king Henrik stood just an inch taller than Pickard resulting in Sweden taking the GOLD. Canada is a surprise silver will have to do for this one. This was a game with determination from both teams second to none. You can catch a reply on NBC Sports. Worth a watch.

and once again Canada starts whining that shootouts shouldn't determine the winner. while I don't disagree they need to address this all the time, not just when they lose because of it.

I haven't seen any whining. I've seen plenty of people say shootouts determining a championship is stupid, and that sentiment doesn't change when they win. But no whining. 

Just because I think shootouts determining a gold medal is stupid doesn't mean I'm not allowed to celebrate a win, shootout or not. I don't know why people are suggesting that somehow the hate for shootouts goes away when their team wins. It doesn't. 

Then again it always seems to be the Americans pointing it out, so there's that. 

5 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

and once again Canada starts whining that shootouts shouldn't determine the winner. while I don't disagree they need to address this all the time, not just when they lose because of it.

I didn't hear any whining about it, but nobody that I know in Montreal watched this tournament.

The Worlds were fantastic. The final game was an awesome game and much more enjoyable to watch than the Ottawa/Penguins blowout. To me one of the better part of the Worlds is seeing how crazy these countries go for the tournament and seeing smaller countries (Germany) eek out a spot in the playoffs who ended up giving Canada a scare their first game.

Sweden vs Canada gold medal game was one of the better ones I watched lately, it was seriously good and IIHF puts the games on their YouTube channel if it isn't region blocker, I suggest you check them out (you won't be able to watch if you are from Canada but I am not sure about the US).

6 hours ago, Hills said:

The Worlds were fantastic. The final game was an awesome game and much more enjoyable to watch than the Ottawa/Penguins blowout. To me one of the better part of the Worlds is seeing how crazy these countries go for the tournament and seeing smaller countries (Germany) eek out a spot in the playoffs who ended up giving Canada a scare their first game.

Sweden vs Canada gold medal game was one of the better ones I watched lately, it was seriously good and IIHF puts the games on their YouTube channel if it isn't region blocker, I suggest you check them out (you won't be able to watch if you are from Canada but I am not sure about the US).

If you are in USA, you can watch any game if IIHF Worlds 2017 on NBC Sports app even if you do not have Cable (like it is case with me). The only games I am out of, are the USA games.

Finland vs Russia bronze was an ok game, but Fins had Korpi in the goal for some reason, who once again sucked and got pulled after 4 goals. He had the worst performance in IIHF tournament and should be sent back to AHL just based on that. He has like 0.7 saving percentage for tournament average.