Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

New Avision Zero Visor/Cage Combo

I haven't seen anything on the weight yet.

The one other thing I hope it fixes is the Elite is too short for my head. Just barely, by like an inch or so. It covers everything but it makes the fit kind of awkward.

So I emailed Bill over at Avision and he stated the cage will be longer and contoured under the chin compared to the Elite.

The weight will be about the same weight as the CMM 580 or BAUER Profile II cage so it's not exactly light nor heavy.

I'm interested.  I use the Bauer Concept 3, but the airflow isn't as good as the hybrid/cage combo.  I stopped using the hybrid because the visors kept cracking.  

Well I bit the bullet and purchased one this morning.  I will do a review once I receive it and put it to work.

3 hours ago, jlt73 said:

Well I bit the bullet and purchased one this morning.  I will do a review once I receive it and put it to work.

Feel free to post in this thread! I'm interested but don't currently have an extra $90 for another cage. 

10 hours ago, innotastic said:

heyyyy has anyone received theirs yet? I ordered mine almost 2 months ago and no updates. 

I have not received or heard anything regarding mine

Just emailed Bill and he got back to me regarding the status of the mask.  

He said "We are awaiting HECC impact test approval. We did test Zero in Canada and it passed.  Now we are waiting for the US final say.  Should not be more than another week."

This reminds me of the old Itech one I had back in the early/mid 90's with the bars on top/bottom of the visor.  This one looks oddly proportioned though, almost like the visor is too narrow for the cage.  After playing with that old combo for a few years I went back to a cage and didn't notice much of a difference in visibility but I did enjoy not having to spray the visor with anti fog spray and not having to be careful not to scratch it.

Yeah to be honest the new one seems kind of pointless. Just use a cage at that point. The original fishbowl Avision made sense to me because you had such clear vision with full protection. This one... not so much. 

i have one. i love it. i don't feel the weight at all. And it has never fogged once. My only issue is the straps that hold the chin cup and snaps for the cage are short. I have the snaps at the very end of the strap.  

Thank you for replying.  

Did you go from a visor to the zero or cage to the zero?  Just wondering about your comment not noticing the weight.  

Considering weight would be the only draw back for this mask I thought I would share the comparison info I have for anyone interested:

Adult Zero mask is 9 oz = 255 grams (email from bill).

fitlite titanium, medium, 201 grams (ice warehouse web page)

re-akt titanium, medium, 181 grams (the hockey shop website)

bauer REB 3 full cage 317 grams 

I would be interested if anyone has the weight of the bauer hybird visor cage combo I haven't been able to find anything.  

Also has anyone tried the zero and bauer hybird? wondering how the compare.  

I had a visor so i expected some weight. But its not anything drastic at all. contact boulder hockey. I spoke to the owner for a good thirty mins. I believe his name was bill. Great guy and will answer all your questions.

ya i've been using mine a little bit now. i came from a bauer re-akt, so ya I noticed the change in weight. 

It doesn't fog like the concept 3 I gave a go. vision is good. you get what you expect. 

if they ever one day upgrade to titanium bars, i'd be happy to drop down whatever money they'd want. I would think its the ideal combination.