Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

On 10/7/2017 at 10:36 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

I'm just glad that massive spine protector is covered up for once.

You mean this?

9P6eohK.png

Seriously, that is pretty ridiculous for lower back protection. Is this a new CCM pant model, or something else?

• Like 1

My guess is they took the spine protector from his old pants and sewed it into the CCM Pants and it looks like they covered up the Max Zorb branding from the Bauer pants too

18 hours ago, UCMnumber8 said:

You mean this?

9P6eohK.png

Seriously, that is pretty ridiculous for lower back protection. Is this a new CCM pant model, or something else?

if it gets any taller it might as well be a Hans Device

42-19401260.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does it bother anyone else way more than it should that the socks don’t match the forearms? My OCD is not pleased with those setups.

Edited by jared9356

1 minute ago, jared9356 said:

Does it bother anyone else way more than it should that the socks don’t match the forearms? My OCD is not pleased with those setups.

Yea it does seem a bit weird. 

37 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yup. The skate manufacturers must hate them, too! 

Some have the skate manufactuer logos and even the skate graphics laser etched into the blockers. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yup. The skate manufacturers must hate them, too! 

Manufacturers HATE this guy! Click to find out why!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Some have the skate manufactuer logos and even the skate graphics laser etched into the blockers. 

Yea I've seen that. Having the laces on the blockers too makes them pretty invisible. 

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I hate those stupid ads so much, lol.

Nobody likes them, but it's funny to think that people actually click on them.

Any idea why some Penguins are wearing green laces in practice? Pics in their twitter. 

Edit: disregard. They posted why ten seconds afterward 

Edited by OldCY
Answered

I know both Zuccarello and McDonagh tried Super Tacks sticks towards the end of last year for a few games but both switched back to their old Easton's, I think McDonagh has stuck with the Super Tacks this year though.  Nash is still using a Synergy.

21 hours ago, Fletch said:

I noticed Jake Muzzin wearing a Bauer-branded Easton S19 last night.  I guess some guys just can’t get away from Easton.  

I'm glad you mentioned this. Last season the helmet was unbranded. I guess Bauer still pays the NHL for Easton sticks but no other gear. I didn't realize the sticks are still available retail. 

• Like 1

Zuccarello was using an Alpha QX last night, not sure if he's been using it other games since it was the first game I've been able to watch since the opener (which I'm not too upset about considering how dreadful they've been playing).

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Zuccarello was using an Alpha QX last night, not sure if he's been using it other games since it was the first game I've been able to watch since the opener (which I'm not too upset about considering how dreadful they've been playing).

I think it was the first time. The rangers are the Wapner to my inner Rainman, sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SirJW said:

I'm glad you mentioned this. Last season the helmet was unbranded. I guess Bauer still pays the NHL for Easton sticks but no other gear. I didn't realize the sticks are still available retail. 

There was a huge clearance on all Easton sticks at Monkey and Giant over the last few months, IIRC you can still find some of them at the stores.  I stopped using Easton sticks years ago so I don't really pay attention to their rack.

• Like 1