Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

10 minutes ago, JGraz15 said:

Worst Olympics in a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG time

Fixed that for you. :biggrin:

But yes- these are terrible. The US and Canada jerseys look like bobsled/alpine skiing suits. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JGraz15 said:

Worst Olympic jerseys in a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG time

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not a fan at all. 

At least they're not going on the NHL players.

I like the 3D style logos, the previous year olympic ones were pretty cool up close.

Not a fan of going the template style for all the teams if this is the case, but it has happened before in Olympic tournaments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hills said:

I like the 3D style logos, the previous year olympic ones were pretty cool up close.

Not a fan of going the template style for all the teams if this is the case, but it has happened before in Olympic tournaments.

Agreed! There's some decent elements here, but these are just good prototypes. This should have been what they submitted to each country's hockey association's designers to customize to suit their own taste within a unified look. The best example I can think of are the World Cup '96 jerseys. It's quite boring the socks are just a solid stripe when they jerseys have nice subtle gradients.

• Like 2

I don't have too much issue with either jersey, but my one question is why the USA jersey does not feature a little more red. It's almost all blue and white, looks more like Finland. I suppose if they wore red pants that would help quite a bit. Kind of hard to screw up such a simple, iconic color scheme.

16 hours ago, DRR said:

I don't have too much issue with either jersey, but my one question is why the USA jersey does not feature a little more red. It's almost all blue and white, looks more like Finland. I suppose if they wore red pants that would help quite a bit. Kind of hard to screw up such a simple, iconic color scheme.

Maybe their helmets will all be red, like red hats.:laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oli1804 said:

Well you don't see them on what you linked, but if you go on Getty images and search "Ovechkin", you'll see he's wearing the new FT1 gloves. 

Sorry I have no clue how to use this site. I just started. But cool! They look awesome. 

anyone have details on how he mods the cuffs on his HG12's?  I heard he snips a few threads on the end to improve mobility but then I saw a pic from the Sens twitter of the EM taking scissors to the bottom of the middle of the cuff area, anyone have detailed info?  I'd love to modify my HG12's but don't want to ruin them in the process haha

edit: after looking at the pic for the umpteenth time I now realize the EM is prob working on getting the red covering on the cuff and not snipping anythingDN9ZpB3W4AAcmHS.jpg:large

Edited by xstartxtodayx