Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

15 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That’s exactly what I meant. If it’s not monetary then it must be the product itself. So I’m curious what they liked about verbero over the other brands. Fit, comfort, protection, or what.

That or he has a friend/old playing buddy involved in the company somehow. 

• Like 1

29433281_10211843258180132_3070147654696

Larkin using a QR Edge tonight and breaking a 17-game goal-less drought in the process....other pictures show it was Abdelkader's stick.

Does Abdelkader still use a P91-variant? Or did he move to the P92? Because Larkin uses the P92 so maybe now he'll realize that curve is ass and the P91 and its heel-curve brethren are the best :D

33 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

Does Abdelkader still use a P91-variant? Or did he move to the P92? Because Larkin uses the P92 so maybe now he'll realize that curve is ass and the P91 and its heel-curve brethren are the best :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Abdelkader has a bunch of different curves that he's tinkered with. 

I remember when a friend of mine who is close friends with Toews returned from a visit with a bundle of his sticks and there was every curve from a wedge to a kovy clone mixed in, all made for Toews.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

How long has Atkinson been in branded “Verbero” mitts? Just noticed them in some game action tonight. 

566E2D54-AFFD-409C-8AA3-706D99851AD4.png

He's been in the gloves for about 2 months that I've seen.  Loves the product, really liked their rep. 

Ritchie in Anaheim was in them for all of last season and most of this until the company did some downsizing with staff and the rep was let go.  He may be back in them at this point...

On 3/19/2018 at 8:27 AM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

That or he has a friend/old playing buddy involved in the company somehow. 

Nope, see above.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

4 hours ago, CaptainFranchise said:

Toews is using the new Nexus stick. Just like the new Supreme skate, it’s cool enough to get “Pro” in the name. 

Funny how “Pro” denotes different things at retail for different companies. 

chicago-blackhawks-center-jonathan-toewschicago-blackhawks-center-jonathan-toews

Here you go. Captain apple cheeks debuts the 2N in the NHL.

7 minutes ago, nutters said:

chicago-blackhawks-center-jonathan-toewschicago-blackhawks-center-jonathan-toews

Here you go. Captain apple cheeks debuts the 2N in the NHL.

Looks nice, I wonder what's different this time around though.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jamarquan said:

Looks nice, I wonder what's different this time around though.

"it's just....there's just so much more bald eagle in the deluxe model....I'd hate for you to be missing out"

• Like 1

Ryan Spooner has been in Vebero gloves all of this season (well, at least his time in Boston), maybe even part of last season. 

He was the first NHL guy I saw in them. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 7:42 PM, start_today said:

Ryan Spooner has been in Vebero gloves all of this season (well, at least his time in Boston), maybe even part of last season. 

He was the first NHL guy I saw in them. 

Just saw him at practice on the Rangers IG in a pair of Verbero mits, guess he got some new ones and is breaking them in.

It's the second pic in this post:

Edited by xstartxtodayx

Is this real life or an April Fools joke? I’m ok with STX getting in the market, but I’m not sure something that radical would be the way to do it. 

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer

8 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Is this real life or an April Fools joke? I’m ok with STX getting in the market, but I’m not sure something that radical would be the way to do it. 

I believe it is an April Fools joke. If they are planning to jump in to the goalie market they'd start by just releasing a goalie version of a  Puregrip stick.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 12:46 AM, EBondo said:

29433281_10211843258180132_3070147654696

Larkin using a QR Edge tonight and breaking a 17-game goal-less drought in the process....other pictures show it was Abdelkader's stick.

It looks like Larks is still using the edge as of yesterday. It’s funny how Larkin using another manufacturers stick is a game narrative for me so I was on the lookout. 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, IPv6Freely said:

That’s exactly what I meant. If it’s not monetary then it must be the product itself. So I’m curious what they liked about verbero over the other brands. Fit, comfort, protection, or what.

Alot of guys really liked the palm material they sourced.  Then some Big name brand found the source of the material and bought it all up making it extremely challenging for the guys at Verbero.  Dirty Pool.

• Like 1