Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zorlac

CCM super tacks sizing

After researching this topic, I found mixed reviews about sizing the new super tacks.

Does anyone have experience coming from Vapors or Supremes..and moving to super tacks?

I'm a 6.5 in supremes, would I go with the same size in Super tacks?   Nobody in my area has any of them to try on, hence this post.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they're the same sizing. I went from Bauer X7.0's to CCM Jetspeed FT1's. Both of them are 7D. 

In December I tried on Supremes and Tacks. I found th Supremes were perfect but the Tacks had arches that were way too high. In fact they were so high for me I didn't even have to tie them up to know they weren't going to work for me. And when I did tie them up, OMG my arches felt like they were on pyramids 

I was concerned only with length comparison for now, as I'm considering a pair for order.  Nobody carries them around here.

I hate to pay a restock fee if they don't fit.  Also... Is the money back guarantee still valid for the tacks?  I have a medium to high arch so that MAY work.

Thanks all for your replies.

33 minutes ago, Zorlac said:

I was concerned only with length comparison for now, as I'm considering a pair for order.  Nobody carries them around here.

I hate to pay a restock fee if they don't fit.  Also... Is the money back guarantee still valid for the tacks?  I have a medium to high arch so that MAY work.

Thanks all for your replies.

You can also get different foot beds in the skate if you're worried about it. I believe it should be but I'd check with the place you order from just to be sure.

I stayed size 6 from Supremes to Super Tacks. The Tacks were just slightly deeper & slightly narrower at least that's how it feels on my feet

Well, we shall soon see...just pulled the trigger on them.  a few days of anxiety now.    

Thanks all..

ummm... who put the eyelets so LOW?  Takes all the depth out of the boot.  These fit like my old APX skates. LACEBITE while sitting in a chair for 5 mins.

Too bad, cuz the bottom part of the foot fits amazingly snug and comfortable.  This is a total bummer.

Back to my 1Xs.   DAMMIT!

Oh, and you guys were right about the sizing.  VERY close to supremes.  The 6.5  I got were spot on as far as length was concerned.

Thanks for that.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:25 PM, Axxion89 said:

I stayed size 6 from Supremes to Super Tacks. The Tacks were just slightly deeper & slightly narrower at least that's how it feels on my feet

Hmm, interesting. Just goes to show how different each skater's foot is.  It wasn't really lacebite after all, it's my inner ankles DIGGING into the second from the top eyelets when I forward flex.

There's just no room in this skate for me.  perhaps if I went to a size 7.  IDK, I give up.

4 hours ago, Zorlac said:

There's just no room in this skate for me.  perhaps if I went to a size 7.  IDK, I give up.

Have you tried the Bauer Nexus line? They have more volume than Supremes. I found the Supremes were giving me a bit of lace bite, not much, but enough. So I moved from Supreme EE to a Nexus D and no more lace bite. The trade off for me was there was a little too much room in the heel, not a whole lot, but like the lace bite, enough. I fixed that by adding a bit of moleskin padding to the sides of my heel, and to make the fit extra secure, I put in some powerfoot inserts into the toe. I tried superfeet too, but didn't like them, but might give them another try as the skates age.

Another thing you could try is Bunga pads for your ankles. That should reduce or eliminate any rubbing.

Supremes fit me really well... I just can't get used to them on the ice, as they are too flimsy. Just not stiff enough.

Nexus skates are way too roomy.

As the 6.5 Super tacks had my toes on the caps pretty hard, I'm going to exchange them for a 7.  See how that goes.....

16 hours ago, start_today said:

I haven't been in the Bauer skate market for a while, but aren't Supremes super stiff?

Opinions vary ALOT.  Supremes to me are way too soft.  Vapors are just right.  AGAIN, my opinion, as I loose lace and skip the top (sometimes top 2 eyelts.)  Therefore, needing a really stiff skate.