Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JONES199

Step Steel | Lightspeed Edge

Can anyone confirm that the Step Steel ST runners are the correct choice for the Lightspeed Edge holders?  In the past we've have Steep Steel that was just too tight a fit in the Bauer holders so we're trying to avoid that mistake again.

If they are tight, you can bang them in. Tight is good. Also, you can take the the end of the runner and run it through the channel a few times if it's a touch too narrow. It'll work.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

If they are tight, you can bang them in. Tight is good. Also, you can take the the end of the runner and run it through the channel a few times if it's a touch too narrow. It'll work.

Negative .. no Banging..more pressure 

Rinse the holder in warm/hot water (not boiling) or use a hair dryer to heat up the plastic just a little.. This will make it a lot easier to insert the steel..

1 hour ago, JONES199 said:

They're for a 13 year old so too tight may not work.  I've just going to go ahead with the LS3s.

Brian's Custom in Windsor has them for the Edge. That's where I went to get mine for the Edge holders. They're on Tecumseh

Hi guys, necro threading this as opposed to starting a new one.

Finally getting to the point where the LS3 in my VH's is going to need replacing, and am considering STEP, which luckily I can get here. Anyone got a strong opinion as to whether or not the Black steel is worth the difference in price from regular STEP?

Cheers

5 hours ago, greyskull said:

Hi guys, necro threading this as opposed to starting a new one.

Finally getting to the point where the LS3 in my VH's is going to need replacing, and am considering STEP, which luckily I can get here. Anyone got a strong opinion as to whether or not the Black steel is worth the difference in price from regular STEP?

Cheers

On 7/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

If you're in the US, you won't unless you cross the border.

Not entirely true, The so-called ban is a joke.  Step says they can't stop Canadian dealers from shipping to the US. So many are doing it. I've had hundreds sent to us from all over the US that were bought online. Just last week had a pair arrive from a customer who bought online and had them drop shipped to us, They were shipped from NH.

7 hours ago, darkhors said:

I love my Blacksteel runners. They are definitely worth the extra cost. If you're buying step, you might as well go all out :)

Agreed! Step Blacksteel for Edge holders are a lot more but definitely worth the extra cost. They're beautiful.

I noticed more edge control, bite, etc. right away. I'm able to sharpen them less than other steel. The hard coating protects the runners even though I've taken tons of pucks off of them and they remain highly polished and new-looking. Only ever gotten one nick and it literally made me cry. A few more sharpenings will grind that out.

I've tested the Step Blacksteel vigorously back-to-back with my original LS4 and it's not even close. I hate the Bauer steel. Hardly even use them anymore.

6 hours ago, jimmy said:

Not entirely true, The so-called ban is a joke.  Step says they can't stop Canadian dealers from shipping to the US. So many are doing it. I've had hundreds sent to us from all over the US that were bought online. Just last week had a pair arrive from a customer who bought online and had them drop shipped to us, They were shipped from NH.

I know. I’ve seen them too. Do note my post was from July. 

On 11/13/2017 at 2:10 PM, jimmy said:

I must be the only guy adhering to the request to not send them to the US? Maybe I should start? I only have about 15 sets of each size though.

8 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

I must be the only guy adhering to the request to not send them to the US? Maybe I should start? I only have about 15 sets of each size though.

If you can't beat em... join em....

Howdy,

22 minutes ago, gerbe3:16 said:

Can I apologize for my ignorance in advance and ask why step is banning (or trying) sales to the US?

They don't want to violate Bauer's patent on that steel shape.

Mark

10 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

There is honor in doing things the right way.