Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adams2001

So... Game of Thrones

Now we are coming to the final season of Game of Thrones are my fellow Modsquad brethren watching it? 

If so, has anyone else had to battle the urge to skip a Sunday beer league game to tune in? 

I haven't gone down the path of skipping a game but I have to say it has been tempting. 

I'm sure HBO apps and dvr make it less tempting but man, some of my buddies can really spoil an episode if a game lines up. 

Just want to see if anyone else knows the struggle. Lol

I'm watching it as well but I don't believe this is the final season.  I thought I heard there was going to be one more?  I hope so... :)

I'm glad my Sunday league ends early so I get home in time to watch it.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:49 PM, proth0303 said:

I'm watching it as well but I don't believe this is the final season.  I thought I heard there was going to be one more?  I hope so... :)

I'm glad my Sunday league ends early so I get home in time to watch it.

There is going to be one more season. This season and the next one will be shorter than we are used to. 

Yes. 1 more season. But, they are both shortened. I believe it's 7 eps this year...6 next year. Maybe it's 8 and 7, can't recall. The budget for each episode has been jacked up though. Between the massive battle scenes with hundreds of extras and CGI for the dragons, it's become quite lofty to produce.

Btw, Lady Olenna might just be the most bad ass character in all of Westeros!

I just can't get into it.  I tried for the first 3 or 4 episodes and it didn't do it for me.  Maybe I should try it again.

Just now, jlt73 said:

I just can't get into it.  I tried for the first 3 or 4 episodes and it didn't do it for me.  Maybe I should try it again.

I watched the first episode probably 3-4 times before I gave it a chance. Honestly, the first season is okay but nothing more than character introduction. It doesn't get crazy until season 2. Give it time. 

Unless its the genre you don't like, in which case you probably won't ever get to like it. 

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I watched the first episode probably 3-4 times before I gave it a chance. Honestly, the first season is okay but nothing more than character introduction. It doesn't get crazy until season 2. Give it time. 

Unless its the genre you don't like, in which case you probably won't ever get to like it. 

I like the genre, so maybe I'll just have to power through season 1 and give it a real chance.