Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2017 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Sticks -

Typically with most brands, you see an stick line update that changes things from the previous model.  In Warrior's case this year, it's not the case.  The Dynasty line morphed from an Innovative Novius concept all the way to the HD1, but they used focus groups to determine what they really wanted.  And as a result, they've gone in a new direction.

Quick Strike and the Saber Taper are the new technologies in the line.  The result is a mid-low flex arc - so it allows the shooter to flex the stick easily, however maintain its stiffness to give you an accurate shot.  Both of these carry over throughout the line.

Starting with the QX, you're getting their lightest and strongest stick, with improved balance.  Minimus Carbon 1000 (their highest-grade flat lock carbon fiber), an ergonomic shaft shape and their Protex Grip, which are textured, soft gripped shaft corners round out the stick.  There is a Long version of the stick which is 63".  Standard for QX is 60".

As in previous years, the Pro variant of the QX feature the 800 grade of Minimus Carbon.  Soft grip without textured corners and only comes in the 63" length at Sr.

QRL continues for 2017.

Helmets

Helmets are unchanged for 2017.  

Gloves -

Warrior has always been highly-regarded in this category.  And while they've devolved from the standard boxing-glove-like 4-roll fit, this latest glove takes it even further.

The QX glove is a hybrid taper fit glove - so while it has 4 rolls, the glove is tapered to a natural hand shape.  The cuff is actually a hybrid flex cuff; the flex cuff was introduced in the QRL glove, which was all-encompassing and had a halo of lycra for flexibility.  With the QX cuff, the lycra is on the front portion of the cuff.  

The main story with these are definitely the feel.   A combination of the back hand of the glove, the gussets and the thumb, there's an instant game-ready feel with these gloves, right off the rack.

Their Phantom protection package, SmartPalm+ and a combination of perforated PU/nylon round out this glove.

The QX Pro features all of these, however, with an all-nylon package and ivory nash "pro" palm.

Covert gloves are unchanged for 2017.

Protective -

Alpha replaces the Dynasty line.  

The typical Warrior features are still present in the line, but the sternum protection in the shoulder has been reworked and improved. The ventilation package has been tweaked as well - it's more porous than the version on the HD1.  More ventilation has been added to the elbow bicep guard and on the bottom portion of the elbow cap.  Ventilated foam has been added to the calf wing of the QX shin guard - it was solid on the HD1.

Pants remain unchanged for 2017 - Covert and girdle.

Haha well I know that liked the Covert QRL (W28 - 75 flex) stick that I demoed at SummerJam 9 and looking forward to the updated version coming in Summer 2018. I tried on both flagship gloves and really liked the Alpha QXs over the Covert QRLs. I don't know if I'd ever go over to the tapered glove. I'm also interested in trying the Pro Tapered blade (have several OPSs that broke at the blade) and the Dynasty girdle. 

Not sure how I missed the catalog post going up. The Alpha sticks look great in my opinion, and I've been really happy with the QX's performance after adapting to a different curve.  I do have a question regarding the QX gloves - if you go custom, what elements of each glove tier are found in the Alpha QX Pro option? I'd assume elements of the retail of the QX and QX Pro since the gloves are no longer a custom retail spec, but was hoping you might be able to spell out the differences so I'd know what I'm getting into if I ordered a pair.  Apologies if I missed that in the QX glove thread awhile ago. 

19 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

Zero comments?

I would've like to have seen an update to the Dynasty girdle. I love mine but the kidney padding area is coming apart, the material used there is just too thin and the pointed plastic inserts rip through. I don't mind taking out the old needle and thread but with all of the updated materials on gloves & pants I would love to see some more durable materials used.

I'll also chime in and say I'm not a fan of the Alpha so far, the blade just feels too soft for me. The kick of the shaft is pretty decent but the torque I put on the blade when shooting just feels like I am using a worn out blade. 

Also is this the year we stop seeing Tapered shafts?

41 minutes ago, the_game said:

I'll also chime in and say I'm not a fan of the Alpha so far, the blade just feels too soft for me. The kick of the shaft is pretty decent but the torque I put on the blade when shooting just feels like I am using a worn out blade. 

Huh, that hasn't been my experience with my QX.  I don't feel it's the hottest blade I've used since I'm all about pingy blades, but it doesn't feel dead at all when shooting. 

So excited to see blades coming back to life!

Interested to see how the Alpha gloves feel. Hybrid Flex is the perfect cuff concept, simple as that. I'm already looking forward to the next iteration to follow after that.

43 minutes ago, tcraig said:

Huh, that hasn't been my experience with my QX.  I don't feel it's the hottest blade I've used since I'm all about pingy blades, but it doesn't feel dead at all when shooting. 

I agree, I got my QX on release day and have used it a handful of times and its been a great improvement over the sticks I've had in the past. I will say it's been a few years since I purchased a new stick. I really like the kick point on the stick and I've had no issue with the blade

Could just be me and the way I shoot or maybe a bad batch or something. The blade to me just doesn't feel crisp is the best way to explain it, not as responsive as other sticks I use. 

I got the QX on release day. I was using a Super Tacks 2.0 and compared to that the QX blade felt definitely softer. Heck, the whole stick felt a bit soft. But CCM has IMHO one of the stiffest, if not the most stiff, blades and shafts on the market. But after a few ice times fooling around with the QX, I liked it more and more. Yeah, the blade doesn't have as much pop as say the Super Tacks 2.0, but I find I can shoot just as hard if not harder. And the blade doesn't affect my accuracy at all. Definitely doesn't feel like its opening up.

Edited by puckpilot

In relation my most anticipated price point $75-100 (US) how much of the performance trickles down the line for us dads with mortgages and kids in college?

• Like 1

WOW...This years catalog has been launched.  This is great to see.  I was up in the U.P. when this went live and well where we go is like being on the dark side of the moon (ltd communications).

Iast year I was viewing a Warrior catalog online (different site) that was crashing my computer.  Access to Manufacture catalogs are important to me to see more specifically what I want and how it works OR if it is even available.

I was in Total Hockey during The NAHL Chicago combine and tried to find gloves, but that was a few months back.  How would the New Alpha gloves fit compare to the old "Speed" {lightweight dexterity} Projekt/Koncept.  Those gloves had a cuff that my boy really liked the mobilty and protection.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:52 AM, Miseaujeu said:

Zero comments?

I read somewhere that the W28 Gallagher is a bit more closed than the previous W28 Yakupov. Is the W28 unchanged? Or, did you tone it down a bit?

FWIW, I tried the X28 (STX Surgeon RX2) and found it to be too open. I love the P30 (CCM Parise retail). So, I'd welcome a toned down W28, if that is what you did.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, Cosmic said:

I read somewhere that the W28 Gallagher is a bit more closed than the previous W28 Yakupov. Is the W28 unchanged? Or, did you tone it down a bit?

FWIW, I tried the X28 (STX Surgeon RX2) and found it to be too open. I love the P30 (CCM Parise retail). So, I'd welcome a toned down W28, if that is what you did.

W28 Gallagher is the same as W28 Yakupov.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:44 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but where does the Alpha Force Pro Stick fall in the current lineup?

Alpha Force Pro stick is an SMU for SEC dealers.  Its closest spec is to the Alpha QX4 with some updates (12K graphite blade)

Here's a link to some more info from SEC.  http://sportsexcellence.com/product/warrior-alpha-force-pro/

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 12:48 PM, Hooah4 said:

In relation my most anticipated price point $75-100 (US) how much of the performance trickles down the line for us dads with mortgages and kids in college?

The functional tech (Quick Strike/Saber Taper) is the same through the whole line.  Whether you pay $300 or $90 for your stick, it's the same tech(we're pretty proud of that).  The major differences you'll see, from Warrior, is raw material and process.  The higher end sticks are lighter and are made using USA materials at our pro factory. The lower models are a little heavier with materials that don't have as high tolerance and more composite content.  BUT - I will say that our processes and efficiencies over the years have made our $99-$200 sticks very very good.  Our $99 stick in 2017 is lighter and performs better than our high-end sticks from as little as 4yrs ago. 

20 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

The functional tech (Quick Strike/Saber Taper) is the same through the whole line.  Whether you pay $300 or $90 for your stick, it's the same tech(we're pretty proud of that).  The major differences you'll see, from Warrior, is raw material and process.  The higher end sticks are lighter and are made using USA materials at our pro factory. The lower models are a little heavier with materials that don't have as high tolerance and more composite content.  BUT - I will say that our processes and efficiencies over the years have made our $99-$200 sticks very very good.  Our $99 stick in 2017 is lighter and performs better than our high-end sticks from as little as 4yrs ago. 

Just to piggyback on that. I have a QX (which I like a lot). I am a devout W01 (PM9) user.  

However, I've noticed the W01 isn't available on a lot of the special edition or anything below the top two tiers. I'm just concerned it may get phased out altogether.

So to get to my point, a teammate had a new QX4 in W88. He let me give it a try to see if the curve/lie was something I might want to switch to. All I can say is, for a 100.00 price point stick, I was very impressed. Fairly lightweight for its price range. However, the balance, puck feel, and just shooting in general were great. Very impressed. Nice work.

On 10/26/2017 at 8:59 AM, OzziesDad said:

Just to piggyback on that. I have a QX (which I like a lot). I am a devout W01 (PM9) user.  

However, I've noticed the W01 isn't available on a lot of the special edition or anything below the top two tiers. I'm just concerned it may get phased out altogether.

So to get to my point, a teammate had a new QX4 in W88. He let me give it a try to see if the curve/lie was something I might want to switch to. All I can say is, for a 100.00 price point stick, I was very impressed. Fairly lightweight for its price range. However, the balance, puck feel, and just shooting in general were great. Very impressed. Nice work.

W01 is still with us in 2018, but it is very limited...I'm not using the words "phased out" yet though.

Thanks for the kind words on QX4.  I can't take any credit, but will pass along your thoughts to our product team.

It's a source of pride for our engineering team that we continue to improve ALL our sticks in each line.  They've done a fantastic job over the years.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 1:53 PM, Miseaujeu said:

W01 is still with us in 2018, but it is very limited...I'm not using the words "phased out" yet though.

Thanks for the kind words on QX4.  I can't take any credit, but will pass along your thoughts to our product team.

It's a source of pride for our engineering team that we continue to improve ALL our sticks in each line.  They've done a fantastic job over the years.

Just out of curiosity what is the reason for limiting the W01 pattern? As it is my go to and if it does eventually get phased out what would be your recommendation for a new pattern with a similar feel? 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, cjpritch said:

Just out of curiosity what is the reason for limiting the W01 pattern? As it is my go to and if it does eventually get phased out what would be your recommendation for a new pattern with a similar feel? 

Sales.  Plain and simple. 

2015 Dynasty line offered W01 on every model and 28 flex options.  The product didn't move.

A pattern to consider and to start getting yourself accustomed to is W88.  Though the curve is deeper, the blade size, heel shape and other profile features are the closest.