Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2017 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

Skates -

Vapor gets the refresh this year, and pushed the skate forward to a July launch to align itself better with the season.

Starting with the 1X, the biggest feature of this sate is the actual cut.  They've built up the medial side of the quarter - it is now 3 mm offset from the lateral edge.  Everyone's ankles are offset and in quite a few cases, the medial ankle bone doesn't hit the padding in the right spot.  The liner is new for 2017 - it's HydraMax2 on top, however, Gripliner on the lower portion.  Bauer scrapped 37.5 as a moisture-management material in skates because it's supposed to be a 2-way fabric, so it would trap the moisture.

New facing in the skate as well - you're getting lock holes in the middle portion.  Also, eyelets 2-3 from the bottom are softer, for better wrap.  Also, the facing is not painted as it was in the 2015 1X, which should reduce breakage.

The tongue is felt, but with a new face.  The insert is thermoformable, and serves two purposes - it molded to foot shape, and it also serves as a shot blocker - claiming 30% more protection than previous tongues.

The X900 has the Lock-Fit liner, but it's HydraMax2 on top and HydraMax on the bottom portion.  It also has an asymmetrical pattern for the quarters, however, it's not as pronounced, due to the standard eyelet facing in the skate.

Sticks -

Supreme refreshed for 2017 and starts with the 1S.  The main changes include an extended transfer zone up on top (the upper mid portion of the shaft is softer to counter with the higher kick point - well, that section has been extended - it's about 8-10".  The result is that it is more a more versatile stick in terms of shooting.  The blade now features their RenewCore technology; which is a thermogel sheet on the forehand; blade is a PowerSense.  It provides cushioning and blade fatigue repair - so as the blade breaks down, the gel seeps into the cracks, acting as a caulk of sorts.  The sheet is about 7 x 1.5".

The S190 doesn't have RenewCore but does include the extended transfer zone in the shaft.

Helmets -

Re-Akt 200 is new for 2017, and it features a new VTX foam package and their next-gen Suspend-Tech liner.  Also, full coverage on the sides of the helmet, a new injected soft liner foam and localized shell stiffness.  The occipital lock has been updated as well - it is using the material from their SpeedPlate - so it has a latch on the top and pockets on the sides, and the lock is heated then inserted in the helmet to hug the back of the user's head. 

Visors have been updated as well - their True Optics boast improved clarity, as the visors are machine polished.  Also, the straight visor's tilt has been updated as well.  Quick-Clips has also been updated as well, it is now the Quick-Clips+ (which is not compatible with the first generation) and it is a much simple install.  The visors come with two sets of clips - one for Re-Akt 75/100 and one for Re-Akt/Re-Akt 200.

Protective -

Supreme once again got the refresh this year - the features this year include modular panels and 3d molded caps.  Sanitized, which is an anti-microbial treatment, has been added across the line.  Their PowerLite package is the commercial version of the results of the OD1N project, which is 3d scanned and machined foam.

With the 1s, the shins have a new knee cap, which is flatter than previous versions.  In the shoulders, it features an Extended Fit, which are held together by grommets that the user can adjust to their liking, and the elbow pad features an elbow sleeve.

The pant is the commercial version of the OD1N pant - it is 1 piece, so no longer a true girdle.  FlexOrb in the tailbone and PowerLite hip pads and spine protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see there are new Pro Clip visors for 2017. It seems the shape of the straight visor is slightly tweaked, they've improved the scratch resistance on the outside and the fog resistance on the inside and perhaps tweaked the clip mechanism vs. the HDO Pro Clip. I've used the HDO Pro Clip for a couple years to ref and haven't had fogging issues, but improved scratch resistance is welcome as it'll potentially mean less frequent lens replacement. What I'm wondering is, are the new Pro Clip lenses compatible with the HDO Pro Clips and vice versa?

1 hour ago, althoma1 said:

I see there are new Pro Clip visors for 2017. It seems the shape of the straight visor is slightly tweaked, they've improved the scratch resistance on the outside and the fog resistance on the inside and perhaps tweaked the clip mechanism vs. the HDO Pro Clip. I've used the HDO Pro Clip for a couple years to ref and haven't had fogging issues, but improved scratch resistance is welcome as it'll potentially mean less frequent lens replacement. What I'm wondering is, are the new Pro Clip lenses compatible with the HDO Pro Clips and vice versa?

I also love my HDO Pro Clip visor, but would welcome improved scratch resistance - hoping these new lenses are compatible. 

24 minutes ago, qmechanic said:

It seems that Bauer is no longer making the Bauer HDO Deluxe (DX2) visor which fits as a lens into my Itech FX-50 combo cage.

As a fellow FX-50 user this is a sad, sad day. Need to stock up now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, qmechanic said:

It seems that Bauer is no longer making the Bauer HDO Deluxe (DX2) visor which fits as a lens into my Itech FX-50 combo cage.

Wait, it looks like the DLX visor and replacement lenses at the top of page 57 would be compatible, no?

On 8/11/2017 at 11:21 AM, althoma1 said:

No - they're not.

• Thanks 1

So Bauer is getting rid of Girdles??? I did not see a girdle in the catalog.

The pant is the commercial version of the OD1N pant - it is 1 piece, so no longer a true girdle.  FlexOrb in the tailbone and PowerLite hip pads and spine protection.

I would think many pro's who wear girdles do it for the same reason I do...the hip bone padding is far better when you fall with a girlde.  I own 3 bauer girdles from different era's.

S190 is a girdle/shell combination.

With the 1S, you have girdle-type adjustments, but it is an one-piece pant, so you're stepping into it, not wrapping it around.

I think the whole wrap girdle concept was lost on a lot of customers when the NXG pant came out with the shell; I would watch them try to just pull them over their pants.  And by and large, they looked at them because it was Bauer's top-end pant at the time.  The 1S fits the bill for those type customers - a pant that you can draw in like a girdle to hug your body, but you can just slip on.  

I still own EVERY iteration of Bauer's girdle - all the way back to their original MBP, which was a rebranded Cooper MBP.

32 minutes ago, shooter27 said:

I wore the original Cooper girdle (forget what it was called, it was white) back in mites/squirts.  Loved that thing

Cooperalls in the 70's early 80's. They were awesome.

2 hours ago, Freddy Rig said:

I saw a friend of mine in his blog wears Cooper girdle. So cool! Want to have one! Lol!

What does this have to do with the thread you posted in?