Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Langkow22

Ovechkin pro stock

Hi guys 

does anyone know what lie Ovi uses on his pro stock sticks?

i know that the P08 comes in a lie 5 but I'm really not convinced he has ever used that curve. The crazy ovi from ccm was I believe a 5.5 but has anyone got a legit ovie pro stock or game used that they can see the lie on? 

Im intrigued because I know he was using a retail sakic at first and I believe he's been seen using a Euro ccmp19 but I'm just trying to figure out how he went from that to his crazy curve? Surely if it was just a sakic he was heating and bending it would be a 5.5 lie, I.e a sakic heated and bent not a lie 5

just love following what players do with their gear, I should've of been an equipment guy haha

Edited by Langkow22

i think he uses a lie 5,

but fun story i heard at the practice facility when i went to watch a practice years ago, the pro shop guy said ovie came in one day after being upset with his sticks, this was at the tail end of his ccm days, and said he grabbed three stock retail twigs. a vapor xxxx a s19 and one other, i think a one95, all p92 all 75 flex. and used them for the day.all of these have a higher lie then his custom patterns. not sure if he heated them up or not

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bgdawg019 said:

i think he uses a lie 5,

but fun story i heard at the practice facility when i went to watch a practice years ago, the pro shop guy said ovie came in one day after being upset with his sticks, this was at the tail end of his ccm days, and said he grabbed three stock retail twigs. a vapor xxxx a s19 and one other, i think a one95, all p92 all 75 flex. and used them for the day.all of these have a higher lie then his custom patterns. not sure if he heated them up or not

Love this sort of thing, great response thank you :) 

• Like 1

no prob, i have seen his sticks and pattern change a good bit through the years. warrior made him some crazy looking twigs with Russian flags and his logo a while back. he prolly would have used them if not for bauers contract 

On 8/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, Langkow22 said:

I've always wondered if he has changed his pattern atall was it massively different or just little tweaks?

tweaks, same style. just small things like how it opens maybe where the curve starts. warrior put out the kremlin, was supposed to be his exact curve. ccm did the same not long after with the crazy ovie. the bauer p08 was a curve based off his, but more watered down for retail purpose.

1 hour ago, bgdawg019 said:

tweaks, same style. just small things like how it opens maybe where the curve starts. warrior put out the kremlin, was supposed to be his exact curve. ccm did the same not long after with the crazy ovie. the bauer p08 was a curve based off his, but more watered down for retail purpose.

I still have an old KGB warrior stick with the kremlin curve. Fun to mess around with

How close would you guys say the bauer P28 curve is to his pro stock curve?

guy at the store told me today that the p28 was based off his pro stock curve? any truth to this?  

On 14/09/2017 at 6:06 AM, GoalForFun said:

Ovie's curve definitely has more heel depth to the start of the curve, whereas the P28 starts in the mid section mostly.

So would we say it’s closer to say a p29 

i used to play with the crazyovi and loved it just trying to figure out what the closest curve to that would be at retail 🤔

On 9/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, Langkow22 said:

How close would you guys say the bauer P28 curve is to his pro stock curve?

guy at the store told me today that the p28 was based off his pro stock curve? any truth to this?  

False. P28 is  the Kamil Kreps pro curve. He wore #28.

On 13/08/2017 at 9:56 PM, bgdawg019 said:

no prob, i have seen his sticks and pattern change a good bit through the years. warrior made him some crazy looking twigs with Russian flags and his logo a while back. he prolly would have used them if not for bauers contract 

Any of them similar to the p28 stuff?

Scott Bjugstad is the man responsible for P28/P14/P46 Patterns. OVI in Bauer was almost always a G3 construction 12k and 3k blade weave. Ovis pro pattern is nothing like a P28 and nothing like a P92/29 whatever. Oshie gave it a go a few times but none of the above should be considered a similar pattern or easy transition. 

• Thanks 1